• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  i can see the whole world down below
    <div style="margin:auto;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(0,0,0,0)100px,rgba(179,179,179,1)800px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/J0z6vJ1k/malone.jpg')top no-repeat;width:514px;padding:600px 0px 5px 0px;border:3px solid #000;border-radius:250px 250px 0px 0px;font:14px times new roman;color:#000;">
    <div style="margin:0px 0px 25px 0px;background:rgba(256,256,256,0.25);padding:2px 10px 2px 10px;font-style:italic;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #000;color:#000;">my heart is violent because it learned how to bleed at a young age<BR>when it is hungry I feed it with shaking hands.</div>

<div style="padding:25px 5px;border:3px double #000;border-top:0px;border-bottom:0px;border-radius:35%/35px;margin-bottom:-10px;">Tucked close to his mother’s side, he’s still snoozing softly when the image of the meadow reaches him in his dreams. The wind whispers through the dry grasses of Loess and they seem to call his name with promises of adventure. His black and blue eyes flutter open and he can still smell the flowers as the fog of sleep slowly eases from his mind. He lifts his gold and black head but the meadow still beckons him from across Beqanna. Listening to Starsin has never been one of Malone’s strong suits but at least this time he hesitates while he considers sneaking off again. Still, the desire to find that meadow is too great, so he gently eases from his mother’s star-dusted side and climbs onto his soft hooves.

His wings flutter and fluff themselves before settling across his small back once more. After whispering a gentle apology to his mother, he skitters off through the grasslands of Loess, leaving behind the cacti and hot springs he’s grown so accustomed to. The soldiers of his home dutifully patrol the borders and he can see them pacing along the kingdom’s edges up ahead. Malone swallows hard and pauses, peering his dark head from behind a tree to watch their routes while he skims their mind. He recognizes Wolfbane, bright blue and yellow, as he dwells on thoughts of his own son. Maybe he’s too preoccupied to notice the little pegasus sneaking away?

The guard finally turns and begins to scout off to the west, leaving a small gap between him and Malone’s father off to the east. The colt gathers his courage and hurries as quickly as his knobby legs will carry him toward the forest. (He had considered sneaking through Hyaline but he feared the people of the foreign kingdom might not take kindly to his trespassing.) He ducks and weaves and hurries between the trees as he imagines his father rushing after him. In truth, however, it is knowing that Ophanim would tell Starsin of his antics and not the angel boy himself that scares the child.

He skids to a halt to check over his shoulder for any sight of the Loessian guards but he is met only with the countless trees he pass by. His chest heaves for breath as he begins to wonder why he so desperately wants to travel to this meadow. It seemed nice enough, of course, but why did he risk getting in trouble again? The sun has risen a little further over the horizon and now bleeds through the trees in dapples and splashes of color that make him shimmer and shine. The stars across his ink black patches burn quietly by comparison, content to produce their own light. Regardless of the cause, his heart begs to continue on this journey and he is quick to give in.

His spindly legs carry him further through the trees, toward the mountain looming ahead. It serves as his north star until the forest finally gives way to the open meadow. The boy breathes deep and the smell of flowers confirms that this is the place he had been searching for. Ahead of him, the rose gold woman stands tall and beautiful in the center of the meadow from his dreams. He tilts his head curiously but continues on at a more timid and reserved pace, wading through the tall grasses as carefully as he can. The spring sun bathes him in warmth without a single cloud overhead to block its rays and he wonders if he has time to take a nap here. His wings briefly fluff at the thought but he resists for now.

Malone comes to a stop in front of the stranger and shifts his weight nervously before her. With a fifteen foot distance between them, he thought he might feel comfortable, but her presence is ethereal and he feels intimidated to be even this close.</div><center><I>m a l o n e</i></center></div>
    im first i win.

Messages In This Thread
    i can see the whole world down below - by Djinni - 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: OPEN QUEST: i can see the whole world down below - by Malone - 05-24-2019, 11:15 PM