• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  i can see the whole world down below
    There is a newer, more sinister desire echoing through his mind when he awakes the next morning. He rolls slowly to his feet, talons digging into the soft dirt beneath him as he stands up, shaking sleep from his eyes as he looks around. This game had started innocently enough – deceive, trick, cause general mischief – but this new turn is interesting, and he isn’t one to back down from a challenge. He wonders what Malone will do – he is just a boy, after all, and can’t possibly understand this part of the game. He briefly wonders if he should find the boy, but the desire is too strong, and he turns away from the idea.

<I>Take.</i>

So take he shall, once he finds a prize worthy of stealing. Starsin crosses his mind and he grins wickedly for a moment, before realizing that she’s probably already completely disgusted with their behavior of the previous day, and probably wants Mer’s hide as a decoration. Perhaps taking something from her wouldn’t be a good idea, but maybe Father? Or that stallion from two days ago? He had been such an annoying dude and he could be fun to mess with... but already his mind is wandering away from the two of them as he sees a mare with a collection of flowers in her tail.

They are all sorts of flowers – roses and daisies and lilies and wildflowers, a rainbow of colors that catch his eye from so far away. His icy blue eyes are drawn to the vibrant colors of a dragon lily near the bottom of her tail, and he just knows he has to have it – he's basically a dragon anyways, right? It’s perfect!

He approaches her silently, his taloned feet just barely touching the ground as he sneaks her way. She isn’t paying any attention the the gold-and-white yearling that slinks around her, making a large enough loop to get behind her that she doesn’t seem to notice. She is busy grazing, hardly lifting her long, dark tail to swat at the flies buzzing lazily around her, and he wonders if this task will be too easy.

Still though, he continues on until he is nearly within reach of her, and he thinks that maybe she must be deaf to have not noticed him by now. Nevertheless, he stretches out a taloned forelimb, snagging at the flower until it comes loose. This she notices, and swiftly he brings his head down to his foot to secure the flower in the long strands of his mane. She yells something at him but he is already spinning away, racing deeper into the heart of Loess and wondering what he will do with the flower now that it is his. Maybe he’ll give it to Cyprin – maybe she’ll like the gift, stolen or not.

Eventually he stops running, weariness from his activities the past few days beginning to take hold. With a sigh he lowers himself to the ground and curls up there, succumbing to sleep almost instantly.

Messages In This Thread
    i can see the whole world down below - by Djinni - 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: i can see the whole world down below - by meraxes - 07-03-2019, 09:20 PM