• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from ashes a fire shall awoken, crevan

Merida

Wondering where you've been all my life, I just started living

You cry for the ghost of me.

Merida’s ears fall flat against the thick auburn of her neck at the sound of his voice - it is unlike what she remembers hearing in her dreams, and its tone is enough to cause her fiery gaze to shy away from his as he plods towards her. The bite in his voice is so casual, yet dripping with the disappointment that she was expecting. It almost hurts more than she had imagined it to - their reunion - and it is less than a happy one. 

Don’t.

The black of her lips turn downward into a grimace, lifting her chin from her paws with a breathy huff. She can’t stand the way he looks at her; like he doesn’t remember her, as if she is something from a long lost past that is too far gone. Perhaps she is. The thought causes her to clamp her jaws tightly shut, staring at the slender ebony of her paws.

His voice draws her gaze upwards, meeting his glassy eyes with the sharpness of her own and she can’t decide if she stares him down out of bravery or pride. She goes to stand, wondering if the movement would cause his mouth to open wide to reveal shining teeth, to warn her to not come any closer. 

“Not long,” she half-lies with a quiet voice, her proud stance diminishing with a simple shrug of her shoulders. She pauses, her face becoming quiet serious and still, her eyes framed with the narrowing of her lids as she peers up at him from a distance. “Long enough to have found you, though.” Her voice is even more quiet as the confession falls from her lips. She could have found him easily within moments of returning, and she knows that he knows this too. 

I was afraid, I'm still afraid, she doesn’t tell him.

She probably never would.

@[Crevan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from ashes a fire shall awoken, crevan - by Merida - 06-17-2019, 09:53 AM