• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

litotes;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was

First, it was Hyaline. It was near enough to make the trek easy on his exhausted muscles. The wind helped lift him and he glided into the familiar territory with grace and determination. Upon the visit’s conclusion, however, Castile returned to Loess solely for Tiphon’s threads of magic to tend his screaming aches before taking flight again. This time, he shifted in the sky toward Pangea.

Rejuvenated, Castile reaches the dismal kingdom in a reasonably short span of time. He has heard rumors that it was borne from a magician’s greed, only to be destroyed, then again rebirthed. It’s riddled with decay and memories of darkness and sacrifice. Don’t venture there, mother once said, but that was more than a decade ago when he still relied heavily on her teachings and milk.

Alas, there has never been a necessity to visit until now.

It’s strange to realize a kingdom’s location without ever having been, but its naked cliffs are a beacon in the sky. It fuels a fascination in his gut as his altitude decreases and he spirals in a slow, gradual descent until his hooves have touched down on the dry, dusty ground. It’s likely he has already been seen, as was his intention, she he remains quiet at the border, allowing the breeze to carry his brimstone-and-fire scent across the eastern territory. 

castile

@[litotes]

just casually stealing litotes threads for myself lol

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

The war leaves brands of trauma searing and ridiculous across his mind. There are some nights that he wakes from a nightmare sweating, breathe shaky, shoulders aching to brush against Kensa’s. He cannot recall the last time his brain has felt so broken. For the moment, he compartmentalizes his memories and paces late at night to rid himself of the restless energy that fills his legs.

A visit from Castile is to be expected, though when the dragon came, Lie is surprised to find his scent so soon. The king of Loess certainly has his business with Pangea, but the Archon feels as if he has had hardly any time to breathe. Litotes sighs, releasing the large amount of tension that tightens his chest. No matter the reason for Castile’s visit, the cremello still feels an underlying relief at seeing an ally. His isolation amongst the East has been terribly polarizing, even through his attempts to remain polite.

It seems every creature he has put his trust in drifts from him within months. He is not sure if he is pushing them away.

“Castile,” Litotes calls, stepping through a portal he created with his shadows. His voice is a natural jovial he is pleasantly surprised to hear. “You look . . . better,” he quips, the grin on his face pulling open the wound that aches from his mouth to his eye. An injury soon to scar, a reminder of his place in the world.

“We have much to discuss, I’m certain. I’ll let you start.” The grin fades into a small smile, topaz eyes glistening with intent. He pictures Valdis, the dragon’s daughter, wandering somewhere amongst Pangea’s shadows.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Castile] <3
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”Snazzy trick,” Castile comments with a boyish grin that brightens his hooded eyes as Litotes steps from an abysmal portal. A curious stare dives into the darkness while his mind attempts to map out the logistics and formulation. In truth, Litotes newest acquisitions have proven themselves rather useful. The war sparked life into them all, and magic swept like wildfire through their bodies. It was the first time Castile witnessed the touch of arcane darkness and how it swallowed much of Tephra, even concealing the roaring flames. Litotes only continues to prove how right Castile was – he is a formidable ally.

A gruff chuckle manages to escape him, followed by a heavy exhaust of black smoke as he takes the opportunity to glance over his shoulder. He can see the lacerations crisscrossing his sides, and the scars that are slowly taking their place. Dried blood still clings desperately to his skin. He’s not yet rinsed himself. Every bit of dirt and ash covering him is a memory that he still deliciously tastes each night before sleep overtakes him.

Much like mother, he enjoys the delectableness of chaos.

When he turns his head back, the lopsided grin still remains. ”Quite the rendezvous that was. You took quite a beating yourself,” his muzzle lifts, indicating the split skin tracing down the length of Litote’s face. He holds his tongue for a moment afterward. Much to discuss, the Archon states, and the dragon king agrees with a quiet nod. ”Thank you for your help in the war.” In truth, Lies could have easily fled or betrayed him, much like Sinner and Mary. ”Again, you’ve proven to be trusted…” he pauses with heavy, exhausted sigh, ”a trusted friend.” He can only hope that their relationship continues to strengthen and pursue greater goals. ”Next, is Sylva. Sinner and Mary have both betrayed the crown. Whether I win or lose the battle against that dog, the forest will crumble… and the traitors dealt with accordingly.” There’s no reserve in the confession of his plans. He isn’t concerned what may happen with such indulgences. He has already mentioned it to Kensa.

”Either Pangea can stand with us again as allies, or,” he hesitates only because he prefers to have support as any leader would, ”you can turn a blind eye and refuse help to both parties. Fortunately, rumors state there is only Mary and Sinner in the forest. It’s otherwise bare.” Another pause with silent realization. A lungful of air is swallowed. A scent is caught. ”My daughter Valdis lived there, but it smells like she is here now,” with a lift of his brow and a curious gleam in his eyes he says, ”Do explain.” His voice hints at no anger; with the turbulent relations between Loess and Sylva, having her here is more ideal.

castile

@[litotes]