• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with weightless souls; alita
    and I can't get to sleep with that wolf outside my door

If there is grief in the air at Loess, or rage or any other emotion, it does not touch Alita. She does not feel it, does not become overly distracted by it. Instead, she feels nothing but the freedom that she has been afforded her entire life. She lives with her father and adoptive mother, but she is largely left to her own devices which suits her just fine. It gives her the freedom to roam and explore and be herself.

And being herself is her favorite thing of all.

So she doesn’t fidget or grow uncomfortable underneath the other girl’s gaze. She has little reason to think that there’s anything worth being concerned about and she watches with a faint quizzical expression, touching her brows and pulling at the edge of her mouth as she engages in rare deep thought.

For a second, her golden eyes flick to the zebra, taking in his name.

She ponders it but never considers thinking the name strange for a striped creature.

Instead she just nods. “Okay.” If the girl said that the strange horse-like creature was her friend than she would not try hunting it. There was plenty of other prey to capture her attention, after all. “Is-eye—,” she tries the name, frowning at the vowels. “Is-eel,” she tries again and then pauses, her scowl deepening.

“Can I call you Izzie?”

There is a faint hope on her expression that wipes away with distraction at the request. Her own wings flare slightly at her side, wondering at what it must be like to have never taken to the sky.

“Of course!” Again, her gaze moves to the zebra. “But you’ll have to leave Spot. I can’t carry that much.”

Not yet, at least, she thinks to herself with a small mischievous grin.

The depths of her future ambition when it came to her own strength had no bounds, after all.

Alita

@[Isilme]

Messages In This Thread
    with weightless souls; alita - by isilme - 05-29-2019, 11:49 AM
    RE: with weightless souls; alita - by alita - 06-02-2019, 06:54 PM
    RE: with weightless souls; alita - by isilme - 06-20-2019, 01:56 PM
    RE: with weightless souls; alita - by alita - 07-06-2019, 03:19 PM
    RE: with weightless souls; alita - by isilme - 07-17-2019, 11:58 AM
    RE: with weightless souls; alita - by alita - 08-03-2019, 07:12 PM