• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, Aldric
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

From the corner of her eye, she had seen the stallion from the river when he had arrived in Hyaline during the meeting. A flash of red and white that caught her eye, and she did not hide her surprise when their eyes briefly met. She tries to remember if she had asked him where he lived. She doesn’t remember him saying he was coming to Hyaline, and she is certain she would have. Her birthland always held a special place in her heart, and it was something she would have remembered speaking about. Or so she thinks. Admittedly, her mind has been scattered and confused since Rhaegor left, and even more so after Tephra was lit ablaze. She supposes it was possible that she missed this piece of information.

At that point in time, she had chosen to not say anything to him, but today her curiosity gets the better of her.

With the summer sun high in the sky, she sets off across the familiar terrain. It was strange to be back in a land that was so well-known to her, and somehow entirely foreign. These were not the faces she had grown up with, and sometimes if she thought too closely on that, it made her chest hurt. She had never been very nostalgic, but her life felt so out of her control, and so completely upside down, that she often caught herself wanting for just a little bit of the past. But she always quickly willed such self-pitying thoughts away, reminding herself that it was impossible to turn back time. She would just have to accept that things were different.

She finds him easily enough, and when she approaches him she cannot hide the glimmer of amusement in her eyes. “Hey stranger,” she says with a casual smile curved across her dark lips. The brightness of the sun reflects across the metallic surface of her golden blaze, and she settles in perhaps a little too comfortably next to him when she says teasingly, “So are you following me, or what?”
    chryseis

@[Aldric]

He had never heard the word Hyaline before the day he’d stumbled across it’s border, seeking high ground following the quaking that accompanied the eruption of Tephra’s volcano and the ash it poured into the heavens. Truth be told, if he had known he would have found her here he would absolutely have come, but follow her he had not.

Hyaline—its name means glass-like according to the Primarch—has turned out to be a place where he can maintain his autonomy while finally finding something to moor himself to. He has not quite decided how he will serve the purpose of the mountain territory, but has not been pushed to do anything but make himself comfortable. Of course he hasn’t gotten comfortable, knowing that Chryseis is here and that at some point he will speak with her again and find out if the chemistry between them were real or a fleeting thing belonging only to that night on the river. In order not to seem too eager to meet her again he has spent his time thus far developing friendships with Kensa, Valek, and some others. During one of their meetings Kensa had made him a proposition but when he declined (it should not have been so easy for him) she had looked at him a moment as if he were as mad as he felt and then she had laughed. It was a beautiful laugh but it confused him with both its mirth and its kindness and he realized she saw right through him, perhaps even knew that it was Chryseis he watched for, his arabian heritage making a fine showing with all the tension in his carriage.

Aldric hopes that Chryseis does not read him as easily when she approaches him beneath the full summer sun. He has managed to relax, heel cocked, atop a grassy rise overlooking the vast lake having allowed his mind to strike out on an aimless wander just long enough to fail to notice her approach at first and so avoid looking like a posturing idiot. Instead the roan woman settles beside him and the green eyed stallion meets her amused gaze guiltlessly. “Chryseis. Of course I am.” He had not thought he would make a joke but it leaves his mouth before he curb it. “Didn’t I tell you I’m a stalker?” This without the  deadpan expression that another might have worn to deliver the line, his smile being the sort that brightens his features no matter how he tries to suppress it. Aldric is too pleased to be speaking to her again, but his mind stutters again like the first time he'd seen her. Trying to trigger a flow of thought and thereby a flow of words he casts his gaze out over Hyaline, casually shifting his weight so that he leans toward her instead of away. “Kensa mentioned to me that you lived here before?” Having found something to say he turns his face back toward her, curious. He had not sought to discuss Chryseis with the other mare but she had mentioned it in passing and he had clung to the detail like a starved fool.

ALDRIC

@[Chryseis] Sup Crispy, it me, big smooth guy.