• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher
    She hasn’t bothered to move quite yet; those expressions of his spanning the spectrum of confusion, to a very obvious dirty look, then on to mitigation, then circling back to confusion keeps her at bay.  Talk about emotional whiplash, she thinks, practically dizzy from the ups and downs and how quickly they seem to be passing through them all.  But it only makes her feel worse, because Catcher knows she’s at the root of the tobiano’s problems right now.  And that she would very likely be the only one who could remedy the situation and put him a bit more at ease.

He’s gone on to test the dependability of the bridge that she casually threw together.  Inquisitively, her stormy grey eyes regard him as he tap taps the structure with a tentative hoof.  Not like it would make him feel much better at the moment, but the overo girl takes a few steps across the bridge all the same.  At least now she can hear him better when he mimics her latest game-changing statement.

“Yes,” she answered him slowly with an equally slow, sage nod of her horned crown.  “Your dream.  Which means you can do or make anything you want.”  Another question, but in her young age she is not so well adept in dream weaving to fully answer that question and its possible implications.  But she tries to answer as best as she can.  “Hmm, not so much in a literal sense?” she muses while scrunching her face in contemplation.  And leaves it at that.  

“Here, I’ll prove it to ya that this is your dream,” she offers, taking a few more slow steps towards his perch.  Each stride makes the corners of her lips rise a little more into an anticipatory smile.  “Change me into something.  Don’t tell me what though, so that you don’t think I did it myself!  Just think it and then do it!”

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher - by Catcher - 08-29-2019, 09:18 AM