• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unplayed pianos are usually by a window where nobody loved goes; Leliana

He watched her carefully noticing how she shies from the complement and the sadness that sets it as she looks to the places not yet touched by her gift.

He thinks about how useless he felt that night, not being able to protect the home he vowed to stand for, and he can only assume that his feeling is amplified by ten within his Queen.

She brought him back from those feelings of regret as she continued to talk of his place of Beta and gracing him with Alpha. All he could do was offer her a small, strained smile. Her faith in him also 10 fold compared to his own.

I accept my place as Alpha under your reign, but only because I know that I will be serving a Queen how will stop at nothing to protect the innocent. Those who have no say in what happens to them, those who are simply here to live and not just in Tephra but all of Beqanna. Evil is a hard thing to stop, but nothing will change if we all sit idly by and watch.. he stops for a minute studying her face and the hurt that sits in the farthest caverns of her hazle eyes. The land and people will heal beneath your touch. Don't doubt yourself in your actions. What you did was brave and selfless. As much as we need those that are willing to bleed and sweat for our land, we also need those who are willing to lead this land and make a change for good upon Beqanna.

Jakub's eyes held fast to hers, as if he was trying to physically pull the negative feelings from her. He could never pretend to understand the weight of protecting a kingdom, he had only felt what it was like to not be able to protect a few including Leliana and it still rained havoc on his mind. So much so that he had gone to the mountain to ask for a gift to help others. Standing her looking at Leliana standing here with him in the blue, green waters, his red queen, only solidified his decision.

Do you ever regret the gifts you have that allow you to protect others? he said absantly.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unplayed pianos are usually by a window where nobody loved goes; Leliana - by Jakub - 06-08-2019, 10:51 PM