• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no dreams of sunshine and rainbows

Oriash

they promised that dreams can come true

If she knew the inner workings of Brunhilde’s mind, if she knew that so much of what drives her is a desire - to what, to please, to destroy?- all because of her father, she might be glad to have had no parents. Maybe it was better that way, to have no expectation thrust upon your shoulders. Even now that Solace has found her, there are no expectations, no condemnation for the choice Ori has made. Solace wants only to know her daughter and nothing else, something that Ori can work on, something she is willing to give.

Her mother’s lack of love for this land is well known, and Ori doesn’t need to explain further. Brunhilde simply accepts that statement, and then moves on, taking a moment before finally answering her question. Ori wonders if the answer is the truth or if there is something more, though she doesn’t pry. At the end of the day, if her companion wanted to lie about it, then who was Ori to demand more? The truth was what they made it, in some cases. And sometimes the truth was best left behind some bushes and far in the past.

Ori listens to the answer with interest, finding that is resonates with her. She doesn’t know that she wants the needless violence, that destruction for the sake of it is what she seeks. Yet still she says, lending power the land regardless. After all, she could be destructive, though she has never tried to do so. “I know what you mean,” she says when the mare finishes. It doesn’t seen wild to her, to watch violence but not necessarily want to partake. Perhaps some would say it made them complicit, to watch and not to stop it, not to rage against it. Maybe it did, but Ori didn’t care if it made her complicit, she cared only that she did what she chose.

The mare gives her name, adding something about her father and her mothers. Ori blinks once, the comment rolling off her. “Oriash,” she says, uncertain if her name is as well-known as her appearance and her mothers. “And I do not define myself by my parents.” That, perhaps, cuts a bit. Though cutting is never her intention, Ori is entirely sick of being defined by her parents and not by herself.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    no dreams of sunshine and rainbows - by Oriash - 06-04-2019, 01:39 PM
    RE: no dreams of sunshine and rainbows - by Oriash - 08-07-2019, 10:17 AM