• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; velkan
    lost in the dark

How do you tell a really pretty mare that no, you don’t use your antlers to get apples but sometimes you use it to shake a startled squirrel out of a branch so that you can eat it?

The answer is: you don’t.

Not unless she’s into eating squirrels too, obviously, because then you can prove how cool you are by going to get one for her. But I don’t think Eva eats flesh the same way I do – she doesn’t look like a monster like me, anyway. She’s far too cool for that!

So, I roll with the apple idea. I have, at least, actually tried to get apples with my antlers before so I’m absolutely not lying. Okay, so it was when I was a yearling and… well, pretty much every autumn when I get depressed that I’m a carnivore and try to eat some of the juicy apples that grow on trees.

But then they make me sick and it’s this whole big thing that I never learn my lesson from and yeah. I don’t talk about my eating habits.

“Yeah! Like apples. Just before they’re too ripe and fall down on their own I can kinda knock them around.” I shake my head a little bit to give her the idea, before my smile turns a little bashful. “Once I got one speared on the top though and I had to wait for it to rot off.”

Alright, maybe I could have left that part out. I wrinkle my nose a little bit as I remember the stench and I quickly try to move on in an effort to avoid her imagining the smell too. “I’m glad I’m not meeting you on that day, Eva.” I state rather obviously, but my smile warms up again.

Okay, Velkan. Time for a subject change.

“Do you swim a lot?”

Okay yes. We're back tracking a little bit to the beginning of this meeting but it seems like a much safer topic.

image from unsplash

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; velkan - by Velkan - 10-08-2019, 04:50 PM