• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I Keep Finding My Way To You {Crevan}
    Sabrina

The bay and red mare who was currently prowling in her hellhound form found herself traveling a lot over the past year. She was not the young pup Crevan had once met, she was nearly a fully matured mare and with it grew knowledge and skills.

She had always had a tie to Sylva, and she could not fully leave her home, her parents. But they have since had a plethora of children, and they would easily find a heir to fill her spot. 

Her mind has always brought her back to Crevan, and honestly the trip from Sylva to the Icicle Isle was growing annoying. Her pelt grew thick from her time in the cold tundra, and it honestly was not meant for the warmth of Sylva anymore.

She gave one last glance to Sylva before saying goodbye forever, the young canine has officially decided on the move with her pack mate, though he didn't know that.

He was most likely not expecting her, and her window of surprise was short before her scent filled the icy den. She quietly stalked, looking for Crevan, her belly gently brushing the floor as she seeks him out.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Crevan] <3

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

He knew she had obligations, ties to her old life. When they’d met she was only a young thing and Crevan had never held it against her. Maybe if she had been more wolf he might’ve tried harder to keep them together but she wasn’t. Besides, he understood what it was like trying to sever that cord between all you’ve ever known and starting over fresh. If he could comfort her he’d tell Sabrina not to worry; Sylva would always be there. Her mother and father, both immortals, would stick around.

What mattered now was that she lived her life for herself. Made her choices and stuck to them.

On the day she finally chooses him, he’s curled up near the back of their summer den where the earth smells damp and frigid. The giant wolf sleeps peacefully and dreams the dream of running. His shoulders and hips are pressed into the dirt, back bent with four paws and a tail curled into his belly to keep the warmth from escaping, but when she slithers across the faint light at the entrance to their home instantly he awakens and swivels his head to pin her down with blinking eyes.

“There you are.” He says in a gruff, half-asleep growl. He unravels himself and scuttles belly-down towards her, greeting his solitary packmate with the cold end of his wet nose. His paws cross over her own, one rises and bats her playfully in the deep ruff of her slender, feminine chest. “Ugh, Sabrina…” He wrinkles his lips back.

She smelled positively feral. Without needing to ask for her permission, the tan canine opened his mouth and began washing her face. He ran his tongue over the delicate line of her own muzzle and then gently up and over her forehead, bathing her in his scent and melting away any ice that may have clung to her from the journey back north. “That’s better.” He smirked afterwards.

“How long will you I have you this time?” He sighs, leaning back from his ward and settling onto the cool floor of their now cozy den. Without her, hunting elk and larger prey had been a total bitch. Not impossible, just more exhausting. “Oh… another wolf showed up. And I had the pleasure of meeting this island’s ‘protector’.” He chuckled. Crevan always did enjoy the silly titles leaders gave themselves.

@[Sabrina]
    Sabrina
    She had quietly crept through the den, his sleeping body was in sight. Before she knew it the sleeping beast had abruptly awoke and with a blink of her eye he had pinned her down. She huffs playfully as she pushes him off her, I let you do that. She smirks towards him, she was much younger and he was a very skilled wolf. She still had a lot to learn, and perhaps her large size would be a downfall in stalking.

She found a spot beside the wolf on the cool floor, and before she knew it he took it upon himself to clean her. Adamantly washing her face and she couldn't help but laugh before fighting off his licks. He of course had a mission of his own and was not satisified until he was done on his own terms. That's better, he says when he finished and she simply rolled her eyes in response.

He moves on to ask how long they have together, and her eyes glistened with excitement. She pulled herself closer to him. Forever, she says with little explanation.  The Isle is my home, and so I decided to make it permanent. She rolls on to her back laying her head in his paws. Plus I got tired of listening to you whine when I leave. She grins as she reaches up to lick his maw.

Crevan mentions another wolf and it quickly struck a nerve. The relaxed hound snaps up from the floor, Oh? And what is her name? Her gaze was heavy and when she notices her jealousy beaming through she works quickly to recover. She sits on the ground and lifts her left paw to clean it, I mean, so I know who is an intruder and who isn't.

She looks to see if he believes her or if her jealousy had shone through to obviously. It had always been the two, and though there goal was to build a pack with the canine shifters in beqanna....she can't help but feel some way when he shares the news. Was it a female? Had she caught his attention while Sabrina was gone? Was she a lover of his from before they met? She had plenty of questions, but she held her tongue in the moment. Oh and protector you said? Well how are they? Some of the kingdoms had turned away the idea of a pack, so she was surprised that this one would allow them to stay

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Crevan]

CREVAN

Bonding was essential to how they lived, hellhound or wolf it didn’t matter. The few moments of calm they use to playfully snap their teeth at each other while Crevan dutifully cleans Sabrina are not unlike the way horses groom their herdmates. In the pack there wasn’t time for being shy or reserved. To sleep together, hunt together, survive together was all that mattered. How could they expect to live in tandem without being as close as they could possibly be?

Forever she tells him this time, and the smug grin that curves along his toothy jaw is obvious when she settles her large, reddish-brown head into the comfortable space between his forepaws. He rumbles in mild satisfaction when her tongue flicks over the underside of his chin. That same grin only grows wider when Sabrina twists up again, obviously bitter at the news.

The way her fur bristles and the sound of her tail snapping in time to her fangs all translate to one obvious thing: Sabrina’s loyalty ran deeper than surface affection. Crevan the wolf felt stirred by her show of emotion.

“Yea, a protector.” He avoids the obvious, reclining into one elbow while his normally pointed ears flopped backwards. “His name is Jesper, and I’m almost positive he’s a shifter as well. Not a wolf though… ” The large male mumbled in afterthought, wrinkling his nose and bending his head down to chew at an itch on one paw.

“And the other wolf’s name is Firen. He showed up out of the blue on the northern shore. A pup.” Crevan finally admitted with a wicked little smile. His eyes flashed reflectively in their dark home when he glanced up again, fully aware of her enviousness and how he actually enjoyed it. “An odd character but I liked him well enough. He’s very sharp.”

@[Sabrina]
    Sabrina

She never imagined giving up the throne of Sylva for the first canine she met outside of her family. Though there bond was undeniable, and she always found herself aching for his company. The traveling got tedious anyway, and committing herself to the Isle and Crevan only furthered her dedication to the pack.

Though they have always been 'pack mates' she couldn't help but devlop feelings for her mentor. She would do anything for him, anything he asked of her. But the thought of another female joining there pack makes her fur bristle. The wolf only shows a grin, her jealous emotions obviously peered through.

Still the young hound pretended it never happened. Her ears perk forward and her eyes find his when he mentions the protector of the Isle. He goes on to announce the name Jesper, as well as minor details of him. I see, well I hope to meet him soon. Her eyes gaze around there icy den for allowing us to live here in peace. The idea of a canine pack scared many, but this Jesper has already proven himself strong for allowing them to form there home here.

She watches as the sandy wolf gnaws at an itch, but it what he says next that peaks her interest the most. All of her worries fade away at the confirmation of the newest pack member being a male, a pup. A small grin tugs at her maw, Oh? Are you to be his father then? She cocks an eye with curiosity.

Why in the world would a pup be out here all alone? None the less, a perfect age to join the pack and build a relationship like Sabrina and Crevan share. Well when do I get to meet this Firen? She asks as she lifts herself off the floor, her body nearing Crevan full of interest.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Crevan]

CREVAN

That was his Sabrina. Just full of jokes.
    Crevan rolls his eyes at the idea of fathering the fire-wolf. The boy was young, sure, but not totally incapable of caring for himself. His instincts came naturally. There was a good chance he didn’t need Crevan telling him how to do things. 
    Watching Sabrina step nearer to him, Crevan straightened up a bit and shrugged his shoulders.

“No idea if he’s even here anymore. Firen was from Tephra apparently. Probably went back there.” He assumes. “I’m not against a little travel during the winter months, if you’re interested in sniffing him out.” Crevan laughs at the inside joke. Journeying south was a large ordeal - days of traveling and hunkering down in the wild. But with Sabrina by his side it didn’t seem altogether impossible.

She was nearing adulthood in the matter of a few days or nights. Her strength and ability as a shifter continued to impress Crevan. Together they made a strapping pair of gigantic predators.

In fact, as the pale wolf lay in their burrow he found himself admiring the lines of her shoulders and the red tint of fur that ran along her topline. Even her strange tail seemed to suit him. He rumbled, satisfied at her nearness, and lifted himself off the cold dirt floor of their den to slink close to his pack disciple. In a bold move he sank his nose into the fur of her neck, breathed deep and closed his eyes with a soft growl.

“The nights were hellish cold without you.” Crevan is willing to admit, stepping closer to rub his head and neck against her shoulder. He suddenly felt the need for her to smell of him, so that others wouldn’t be able to mistake who she belonged to. His lips curled and he snarled, possessively nipping at her ribs and trying to force her further back into the darkness of their shared home. “Did you miss me, Sabrina?” He mutters darkly, smirking.

@[Sabrina]
    Sabrina

Crevan rolls his eyes in response to her father comment, she responds with a grin. She has yet to meet this Firen, but any pup could do with some guidance, which Crevan is great at.

But when Crevan speaks he notes that the Firen is from Tephra and returned home. He added that they could travel and she perks up with a smile, her tail slowly wagging. Well we have to go get our pup, I say we go find him. The canines in beqanna were a dying breed, they couldn't just let this one pass up. Besides, someone has to make sure you don't die. She laughs as she brushes against him. He was more than capable of taking care of himself, but it was more fun to poke at him.

As she finds herself sitting still the pale wolf is the one to close the gap between them. He ruffles his nose into her neck and she sits still for a moment before moving to groom his head. He had been the only male in her life, but she couldn't see her spending her time with anyone else.

The nights were hellish cold without you, he says aloud. He moves rubbing against her shoulder this time, her heart casually beginning to beat faster. He nips at her and she succumbs to his request, and the pair find themselves deeper in the den.

Did you miss me? He asks her and her eyes search for his in the dark. I couldn't spend another day away from you. She admits her own feelings to him, Will you make me yours? The hound gazes at him longingly. She brushes her head under his chin, her body stopping when her rear was pressed into his chest. She never planned to grow feelings for the pale wolf when they had first met, but she can't help to find herself wanting to learn everything from him.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Crevan] Sorry this took so long!