• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

There is nothing but love in Kel’s eyes when he stares up at his father. Litotes’ heart melts at the sight, melts to absolute liquid when his son brushes his soft nose against his metallic one. He smiles, neck tucked to study the splashes of palomino upon his back. There is something about this one, this son, that clenches his heart and shrinks his lungs. Perhaps it is a hope he will not fail Kelynen, like he has failed so many of his children. There is a sinking feeling in the back of his mind, though, that doing well with one will not take away the shame he feels for the others.

When the colt asks of a place the cremello likes to go, Lie offers him a kind smile. He has to take a moment to cycle through his memories in Hyaline, trying desperately to pick a place that is not tainted by his resentment. When he does, the kind smile turns into a delighted one, and he nuzzles the soft area between his ears.

“One day I would like to take you to Pangea, to the little cave I call home and the underground rivers. I don’t think your mother would appreciate me stealing you for so long, though, so we will save that for another day,” the stallion almost falters on the last sentence. He is not around enough to know how Kensa truly feels, but there is a certain emptiness in her eyes when she looks away from their son. She holds a secret she does not tell, and the Archon fears the truth of it. He does not pry; instead, he pours what love and attention he can into their babe - perhaps a quiet attempt to forget what reservations his wife may possess.

Litotes starts into a slow trot, golden eyes twinkling as he looks to Kelynen. The steep path of dirt and rocks begins to fade into trampled grass, and the cremello picks up his pace. He laughs and calls, “I’ll race you!” before breaking into a lazy canter. At the gangly boy’s fastest he should be able to keep pace.

When they come upon the little copse of plum trees, the Archon slows even further, to allow his son to draw ahead. From behind, he encourages Kel into the woven thicket. Emotion sparkles in his eyes.

“Your mother and I used to come here and get sick on all the sweet fruit.” His smile is wistful, nearly rueful. “I like to come here to remember.” Remember what, he does not divulge. Kel would not understand.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Kelynen] <3 cry

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM