• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

There is no feeling more fulfilling than knowing he is pouring all of the love he can into his children. In this moment, he knows he is giving all that he can to Kelynen, and that is just enough to keep his doubts away. Being the melancholy and selfish creature he is, he might continue to dwell on all of the kids he has failed, but the delight in his son’s eyes drags him away. Lie smiles, choking on the miniscule bit of peace their day together will offer him.

“Of course I don’t like to remember getting sick, idiot!” he gasps, bumping the palomino’s shoulder with his forehead. “But the memories are sweet. I am sure you have plenty of weird things you like to remember.” The cremello’s smile does not waver as he considers all of the wondrous memories Kel must possess. With his age now riding a decade, any sweet childhood freedom is nearly erased from his brain.

Initially, the Archon is shocked at the question thrown at him. He stops all movement, placing a pensive stare upon his son. Eventually his gaze softens, and he takes his time formulating a response. “I, well,” he speaks slowly. “I have to lead the other kingdom, but I do consider the meadow my real home.” The swallow that follows is loud. Of course he considers their nest his real home, but is he there enough to consider it home? Lie would like to think so, though he is beginning to doubt he can juggle family and kingdom-life as gracefully as once before. “And you and Risk both can come visit me. I’ll take you to the underground rivers and to all of the caves. The sunrise and sunset are beautiful, too. Maybe you can stay there for more than a few hours, too.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Kelynen]

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM