• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

earth and sky both

It is easy conversation between the three of them and Leliana finds that she falls easily into it—letting the ebb and flow rise around her, wondering at how peaceful Tephra has become even when she still bears the scars of the recent war. She looks down and sees the beginning of a tree starting to sprout from the earth and with a nudge, she lets it continue to grow—the movement subtle and yet pronounced as it curls to the sky. Her head tips back slightly to watch its growth and her smile barely curves the edges of her mouth.

When she brings her gaze back down, she catches the eye of her newest friend. “I feel like I have lived here for my entire life,” her voice is nearly wistful in its nostalgia—ageless and yet somehow stained with the years that have passed. “My twin sister and I were born on the Mountain when Beqanna shook and the lands of old disappeared.” They had been the lucky ones: their gifts so quickly returned to them. So in a breath, she had known a world stripped of magic and yet not a world where her own had been stolen.

“It did not take us long to find our way to Tephra. Magnus is a relative and he helped raise us.”

‘Uncle’ they call him, although it was never truly the correct word. It was just so much simpler than trying to navigate their twisted and storied connection—and Leliana herself barely understood it.

“Eventually, I left to follow Vulgaris to Loess, and then the Brilliant Pampas. I spent some time in the Island Resort, helping Tiphon heal the sick, but I managed to find my way back here.” She does not touch on the pain that lives within those syllables. Not the way that she lived as a vagabond near the River when Vulgaris had driven her and Adna from Loess or the fact that she had fled to Island Resort to escape his madness—only to be driven back into Loess as a captive and a prisoner. Such things are not worth mentioning, not worth dwelling upon, and she quickly brushes it aside, focusing instead on the good.

When Jakub speaks, she smiles gratefully. “We were truly lucky then that he found you.” It is true. Jakub has grown into a core member of the Tephran kingdom. Leliana could not imagine what it would be like without him—which shows in the small distress that she feels when he tries to leave. “I so want you to stay,” her voice is soft, gentle. She flicks her gaze to Rae. “I am not sure that Rae would like to fly right now, but if she does…” her voice trails off and her eyes warm. “I could always help you fly too, Jakub.”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Rae] + @[Jakub]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity
    I wanted to be someone worth remembering.

What a thought. What a thought that has never even crossed her mind, but it does now. She has all the makings of being someone to remember, and yet, is that what she seeks? Is that what drives her sky-bound soul to find purchase on the ground? Or does she simply seek companionship, family, connections that she has never had the luxury of knowing?

It feels more like the latter than the former, though she finds his sentiment interesting and his story honest. Both their stories are open and honest, even if there are pieces missing from the Queen’s. Rae is not asking the other mare to hash out the painful details of her life. They are not necessary for the purpose of her question, and she would not blame her if she knew there were hidden scars.

“Fate is a funny mistress,” she says as they both finish their stories. "Thank you for sharing with me." All their stories were different, and yet, they ended up in the same place. It is clear Leliana and Jakub both care deeply for Tephra, in the way she grows the flowers and the way he protects his borders. Rae doesn’t know if she’ll be called here as they were, but still, she is here to try.

Jakub seems to pick up on her quiet longing to fly, but Leliana asks him to stay and she finds she wants him to as well. “Please do stay,” she says, sincerity in her words. Though mischief creeps into her eyes at that, coming on her like the sudden storm that Rae has always been. She is not a tornado or a hurricane, but she is a storm, and her smile widens just slightly. “Besides, I could just bring the sky to us.”

Her eyes sparkle with that playful mischief as she pulls on the wind and the clouds. They sink lower toward the earth, solidifying into stepping stones. Rae leaps into the first, needing no magical aid to reach it. She leaps from one to the next, climbing higher, though never so far off the ground that it would be dangerous for Jakub (not that he would get hurt between herself and Leliana), and never so high that she gives up the notion of staying put on the earth.

After a moment she turns, grinning at her new companions, to see if they will join. Perhaps they could just float around on magical carpets made of clouds for a while, skimming low to the ground, to see it all.

rae

my soul is in the sky

@[Jakub] + @[leliana] - omg I am so slow, sorry!

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

The requests of the two beautiful women in front of him to stay, one his queen and the other a likely stranger, hold him in place with a gentle smile that offsets his former statement that he would be leaving. If you insist. he says with a boyish chuckle.

Leliana offers to take him with them into the vast, blue sky dappled with clouds while Rae simply brings the sky to them. She creates a series of stair steps with the gaseous white clouds. He looked at them suspiciously, how would something like that hold someone like him. He cocks a brow as he watches her, curiously, as she ascended the soft, puffy staircase. He gentle shakes his head back and forth in awe and amusement. He knows that the magic here in Beqanna can change all that he ever knew in one quick beat, but it never failed to surprise him in all its diversity.

Jakub pulled in a large breath as he nudged closer to the first step, intent on following Rae. As he let his breath out the tops of the clouds lifted and stretched as they tried to disperse but ultimately found their way back to their formation. Quickly he stepped upon the first, then second, then third cloud. The ground growing away alarmingly fast. His ears threatened to pin but a shallow laugh exited his throat in a mixture of enjoyment. This is really something. he said to both and noone in particular all at once. and to think you two can fall away from the ground as often as you'd like. the thrill of it all laid captured, and perturbed in his midnight eyes.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[leliana]
    @[Rae]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)