• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

earth and sky both
    I wanted to be someone worth remembering.

What a thought. What a thought that has never even crossed her mind, but it does now. She has all the makings of being someone to remember, and yet, is that what she seeks? Is that what drives her sky-bound soul to find purchase on the ground? Or does she simply seek companionship, family, connections that she has never had the luxury of knowing?

It feels more like the latter than the former, though she finds his sentiment interesting and his story honest. Both their stories are open and honest, even if there are pieces missing from the Queen’s. Rae is not asking the other mare to hash out the painful details of her life. They are not necessary for the purpose of her question, and she would not blame her if she knew there were hidden scars.

“Fate is a funny mistress,” she says as they both finish their stories. "Thank you for sharing with me." All their stories were different, and yet, they ended up in the same place. It is clear Leliana and Jakub both care deeply for Tephra, in the way she grows the flowers and the way he protects his borders. Rae doesn’t know if she’ll be called here as they were, but still, she is here to try.

Jakub seems to pick up on her quiet longing to fly, but Leliana asks him to stay and she finds she wants him to as well. “Please do stay,” she says, sincerity in her words. Though mischief creeps into her eyes at that, coming on her like the sudden storm that Rae has always been. She is not a tornado or a hurricane, but she is a storm, and her smile widens just slightly. “Besides, I could just bring the sky to us.”

Her eyes sparkle with that playful mischief as she pulls on the wind and the clouds. They sink lower toward the earth, solidifying into stepping stones. Rae leaps into the first, needing no magical aid to reach it. She leaps from one to the next, climbing higher, though never so far off the ground that it would be dangerous for Jakub (not that he would get hurt between herself and Leliana), and never so high that she gives up the notion of staying put on the earth.

After a moment she turns, grinning at her new companions, to see if they will join. Perhaps they could just float around on magical carpets made of clouds for a while, skimming low to the ground, to see it all.

rae

my soul is in the sky

@[Jakub] + @[leliana] - omg I am so slow, sorry!

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    earth and sky both - by Rae - 06-12-2019, 01:48 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Jakub - 06-12-2019, 03:24 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Rae - 06-18-2019, 03:22 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Jakub - 06-19-2019, 03:43 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by leliana - 06-25-2019, 10:50 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Rae - 07-01-2019, 02:50 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Jakub - 07-01-2019, 04:40 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by leliana - 07-05-2019, 02:34 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Rae - 07-09-2019, 02:18 PM
    RE: earth and sky both - by Jakub - 07-09-2019, 04:25 PM