• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | litotes
    The cremello stallion seems genuinely pleased by the news of Taiga changing hands, and Lepis begins to understand what her husband sees in the man. She returns his smile as she follows him, rather certain that whatever he has will not be comparable to Loess. No where will really, and this is something that she has come to terms with only recently. No matter where rests her head, she opens her eyes each dawn looking for rolling hills on the horizon. Each dawn that she sees something else is a disappointment. Litotes answers her question – for revenge – and she is willingly distracted from the path her thoughts have taken.

Why Taiga, Litotes asks with a smile. Why indeed?

“Because Loess was already taken,” she answers. Lepis knows that is an evasive answer – Taiga had been taken as well. But Loess is held by a greater power than the quiet redwood forest had been, and Lepis had never even considered standing against her dragon-king. The little navy-haired mare is a great many less than savory things, but she is not disloyal to her family.

“And because it lost the stone-flip with Nerine,” She smiles briefly to herself at the memory of the red and yellow stone tumbling down the cliff in front of them, sealing the fate of the northern woods. Taking over the Taiga has also effectively sealed Tephra and Sylva from the common lands by land-route, and that stratagem has not escaped Lepis. It is not one that she now shares with Litotes, but perhaps that is only because her attention has been caught by the place that the slide down the scree has brought her to. Lepis has not seen anything like this place before, and her blue-grey eyes trace the canyon walls and dripping water with interest.

She has heard the stories of Pangea since she was a child. A dry, barren wasteland, as void of water and life as Carnage himself was of mercy. To breathe in the dusty air was to accept his chaos, to look overlong at the dunes would blind a child. This and much more she has been told. The silliest stories – those designed to keep a wayward child in check – she now recognizes as fantasy, but as she stands in the echoing canyon she wonders how much of them had been built on reality. A chill that is no result of the temperature creeps along her spine.

Lepis drowns the uncomfortable sensation with a brief infusion of confidence, and she takes a second draft of the cool water as she watches Litotes standing farther out from the shore.

“I’ve not been to the other lands yet with our news.” She tells him, taking a few steps forward so she might feel the water against her fetlocks. “I’m sure some of them will not be as excited as you seem to be.” A half-smile darts across her navy mouth, for she is amused at the memory of his excitement as she is at the prospect of potential conflict.

@[Litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 06-16-2019, 09:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 07-04-2019, 09:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 07-20-2019, 07:06 PM