• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just let me hold you like a hostage;

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She likes the little bit of arrogance that she senses in him. She doesn’t feel put off by it, perhaps because it’s the same kind of confidence that could be found in her. It could be too much for some, but those weren’t the kinds that she kept around for long. She had a habit of being a bit too audacious and forward, and even though she tried, she couldn’t always tame herself down to make her better suited for another’s taste. There were few in this land that truly, genuinely liked her – all the parts of her, even the jagged edges and her stubborn core.

Because of this, she doesn’t expect him to like her, either. Likely, he will think she is pretty, and maybe a small part of him will wonder what it is she is trying to gain from their interaction, but Starsin never comes into these things expecting to walk away with a friendship. And the way things had been going in that department, recently, she would rather light herself on fire than have another friend. The last thing she needed was another friend turned romance turned chaotic mess.

“Why wouldn’t I want to impress you?” Her voice is too sweet, and thick like honey on her tongue. Everything about her behavior was clearly an act, and not even a well disguised one, but there was something that she found so delightful in pretending to be some darling, doe-eyed sweetheart. But her smile betrays everything, as does the almost insidious glimmer in her dark blue eyes. He touches her, and even though it’s only brief it sends a shock-wave along the ridge of her spine. She steps closer, her body arcing a semi-circle around him, with her glowing dapples gliding inches from his nose before she swings her hip away, and faces him instead. “Your mind. It tells me a lot. It’s okay though, I’ll just try harder.” She says it with a careless roll of her shoulder, as if it’s every day she tries to win over a stranger at the river. “My name is Starsin, by the way.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    just let me hold you like a hostage; - by Starsin - 06-16-2019, 10:08 PM
    RE: just let me hold you like a hostage; - by Starsin - 07-24-2019, 01:20 AM