• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wolfbane;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
     ”I—“ he struggles to find his voice as the unimaginable sense of sympathy washes over him, ”I can’t even fathom what you both are going through. I’m here if you need anything.” A sigh slips quietly from his lungs as a fleeting glance observes the nearby cactus. It towers high overhead, a sentinel among many here in Loess. For another heartbeat, he stares thoughtfully at the spines before turning his head to again look at Wolfbane, his voice a low but sincere rumble. ”I’ve always considered Lepis family, and in extension, that means you and your children as well.” Pteron, he reflects, still had a small, special place in his heart. The boy was rambunctious and explorative, traits that actually remind him of Ivar.

Castile fluidly and approvingly allows the passage of conversation to bend to Bane’s whim. They want to heal, he says, and the draconic king nods in agreement before lifting a brow. Taiga has been taken. The process was quick, seemingly effortless, and Castile’s expression reads nothing less of pride and approval. ”Wow. That’s one way to grab the bull by the horns,” he chuckles as a broad smile softens the edges of his face. ”Loess would be nothing without members like you,” they’ve all attributed to the kingdom’s growth and prowess. Their power is expanding now, but not in the way of dictatorship has his mother once practiced. Trust and friendship is slowly, bit by bit, linking many of the lands together. The only downfall is that it will one day bring Beqanna into a peaceful lull until someone moves to demolish the unity.

For now, however, it’s reassuring and alluring.

”Yes, Sylva will burn for their betrayal after I rip apart the mutt,” he pauses to consider the proposition and how near he is to tasting sweet victory (or so he hopes). ”Unless someone jumps out at me as deserving of Sylva. Someone will need to be put on its throne and I would hate to destroy a friend’s home.” He grins again, obviously unoffended by Wolfbane’s tactics. ”No compensation needed. I very much would like to full-heartedly trust you. You haven’t given me a reason not to.”

There’s another calculated pause, a hesitation.

The wind tousles his metallic locks and shifts his unruly forelock out of his eyes. ”With Loess’ power on the rise and our numbers spreading to incorporate more land, I still cannot help to want you as our Champion. It would suit you, if you’ll have it.” A lopsided, boyish grin then appears and is followed by a light-hearted comment. ”Plus, I need to find a way to keep you around.” A chuckle punctuates it – an easy roll of laughter shared between friends.

castile

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    Wolfbane; - by Castile - 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Wolfbane - 06-20-2019, 11:01 PM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Castile - 06-25-2019, 02:27 PM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Wolfbane - 07-01-2019, 08:43 AM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Castile - 07-16-2019, 10:07 AM