• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hiding in plain sight; adna
    ADNA

I wish I could take the hands of time and turn them in reverse
    I'd take back every long goodbye with venom in my words

If she had known just how different the two of them would be once trapped in this conversation, perhaps she would have run in the other direction. But there’s not much she can do when she’s standing here before him and she realizes he has sunshine pouring out of his veins, his heart so much larger than hers.

“I don’t think that would be so bad,” she says with a half-smile, her fangs showing briefly behind her lips. She can imagine worse things than a world filled with monsters and the things that make others jump. Maybe she wouldn’t feel so alone if she knew she could look in each direction and find someone like her.

But he clearly has other things in mind so she doesn’t push the subject.

It’s easier for her to fall into silence anyway.

She nods at his thanks, just shrugging her shoulder in her way of saying no problem before her frown deepens—something like understanding flashing across her features since the first time he began to talk.

“Why not?” she asks before she shakes her delicate, scaled head.

“Nevermind. I know exactly what it’s like to not be a fan of yourself.”

She knew what it was to wake up in the morning and hate the reflect—to stare at it and wish that it would change. To wish yourself into a different body, a different life, a different story altogether.

“I wish you didn’t have to know that too.”

the only way to being found is getting lost at first
    but all I find are more bridges to burn

@[Velkan]

Messages In This Thread
    hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 05:12 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by adna - 07-06-2019, 05:54 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 07-12-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by adna - 08-03-2019, 08:35 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 07:10 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by adna - 08-20-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 09-22-2019, 10:42 AM