• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You say it best when you say nothing at all; any
    He watched her ever so fervently as if watching a Caterpillar change into a butterfly. He moved to walk beside her, as her words echoed in his head. They way she spoke to him soothed him. The nerves that fluttered low in his belly quelled by her affirmation of his existance.

His brow furrowed as she explained to him how she had not been born with the face that adorned her body. And with that he assumed that the soft and rough flowing patterns that decorated her hide had also been gifted to her through her life.

Her words echoed and bounced in his mind as he walked in sync beside her with out thought. His red coat glistening beneath the autum sun, as his mossy eyes turned towards the sky. He watched the leaves above him a mirror of reds, oranges, and greens that painted his own body.

A light wispy smile traced his lips as his green spattered eyes found hers. You are good. It is good. Life changes everything it touches. Molding it into something different but similar all at once. We go through change because that is what life is. Just because you look different doesn't mean you aren't you. I am confident you were just as beautiful before or more.

Look at the leaves he thought his head tilting sideways. His eyes blinked against the setting sun. The leaves were ablaze with every color they would ever be in their cycle of life. And yet he appreciates them in every form they will go through with the passing seasons.

They are vibrant and full of life, dancing in the autum winds. They prepare for the change of winter knowing they will not be. Falling to the ground they cushion and give themselves to the ground which they sprout from. Nourishing the trees so when spring comes they can bud. Small, green, new. When summer arrives they multiply, flourish and grow. Turn around and dance once more in the autumn winds, colorful, vibrant.

They are exactly what they are ment to be in the moment they are ment to be different. We are all who we are suppose to be in this moment. We are exactly what the world needs, now. You are exactly who I need now. Inside. You are worthy of any shape, color, or form the world bestows upon you.

The world had been kind and harsh to him but always at the right moment. Though there were others like Persea she was the first to really hear him, and her colors nor her face had anything to do with that.

His eyes deepened in color as he looked from the scattered trees back to her.

Thank you.

Ooc: I am no longer bolding or italicising .. she is welcome to every word written in every post. <3
    @[Persea]
    BQolver

All of the voices inside of my mind will never be silenced

It’s such a rare treat, to find someone so genuinely good, that she cannot help but marvel at the unfeigned honesty and kindness in his thoughts. Though her body heats with embarrassment, it’s impossible to mistake the belief he has in his own words. Of course, she had long ago learned that everyone tends to see the world differently through their uniquely colored lenses, but to him, it truly felt as though perhaps her skin didn’t matter.

Perhaps she is not yet quite ready to accept the changes in full, but his kind affirmations bring her one step in the right direction. Through his eyes, she begins to see herself behind the dark teal and seafoam. Sees the way the rainbow shimmer of the smooth, pearly markings matches the way white had once laced across her body. Underneath the glamour, she is still Persea. Still herself.

She supposes that’s all that should truly matter.

Perhaps one day she would even believe it.

“You are much too kind Olver,” she whispers abashedly, though a thread of pleasure trails through. Hearing his thoughts, she discovers how much more delightful it is to have one believe her personality more beautiful than her exterior. It is easy to feel as though those who call her beautiful are not truly complimenting her, but this shell she had not asked for. A piece of her that is not truly her. But to hear his assertion that it is not her face that makes her lovely sends a thrill of unfamiliar delight through her.

“I suppose you do have a point,” she finally agrees, eyes lifting to his as a small grin of consternation touches her lips. “Sometimes I feel like no one ever really sees beyond the surface.” She pauses then, her bright, sea-green eyes focusing more intently on him. “But you do.” She reaches out to touch him lightly, unable to help herself. “Thank you for that.”

until I can find a way to let go of what we left behind

persea
    He was quiet. His mind was quiet.

A habit he had grown accustom to every now and again when all was as it should be.

He watched her run over his words.

Telling him he was to kind. That he had a point. He did not boast in this statement. He truly believed what he had thought. But he could tell though she found comfort in his words they had not settled so matter of factly in her head. But she seemed happy and he would leave it at that. He would spend as long as he could trying to convince her of what he saw, inside and out.

For now he would change the subject. There was so much he wanted to know about his new friend. Where did she come from? What was the biggest defining moment in her life? What was Tephra like? Though he was sure he'd find out soon enough.

@[Persea] I'm horrible at closers and starters. Do you want to put up a starter in Tephra?
    BQolver