• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Golden Guild - Activity, any Interested

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Just like the twisting rays of light that sometimes glance between the swaying treetops here, Wolfbane could begin to feel a trickle of possible connecting between his family and the remaining two Taiga horses. It felt… good. The same kind of good that he could sink into without a second thought, especially now that Lepis was taking command of the situation. Her shoulder against his own is a welcome and familiar warmth. Pteron being here is so much more than he could ask for.

Even Lethia seems hesitantly open to the idea of learning the in-and-out of their political ties now that the pegasus pair had come to roost here.

Wolfbane inhales the bittersweet scent of heady pine and picks up on the faint emotions of the horses gathered around him. Happiness, uncertainty, austere calm, troubled anger… he can taste them all like sips of varied wine. The way his eyes and ears, nose and throat pick up on chemical trails is absolutely wonderful. Enough distraction that he doesn’t seem put off by Aten’s request that he and Lethia travel together.

The two seem an interesting pair. Wolfbane liked them; truly.

“If Lethia would like that as well, I have nothing against you two traveling together. I’m excited to watch you progress Izora. Thank you for volunteering Aten.” Bane nods deeply.

His wife would err on the side of caution and Wolfbane would too. He’s just getting better at suppressing those feelings, much Like Lepis does herself. Or maybe it’s because he feels an infectious sort of giddiness. Smiling, he adds a request of his own.

“Winter is almost here though. Travel will be hard so there’s no rush. In fact- ” He muses to Aten, “Before you go anywhere I’d like to request that you and I have a one-on-one. There’s so much I can learn from your wealth of knowledge about Taiga.”

Then, he thinks, the two could journey hard North and give the news to Icicle Isle, if Lepis saw fit to send them there. For now Wolfbane thinks it would be good to keep ties in the northlands very, very tight.

“That’s pretty much a conclusion for me. Any further questions?” He asks the gathered horses. “Comtesse?” He ends with his mate, eyes shining as they finally tilt away from the ground and home towards her face.

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Izora Lethia] @[Lepis] @[Aten]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    She watched quietly as Lepis spoke of their loss. If she had not already felt conflicted once she realized that it was in fact her friend that stood in Aten's place she certainly was now. Her heart broke for Lepis. She understood the loss of a child to well. To nature, to war, or because of your own stupidity it did not matter the circumstances of their death it all hurt the same. A parent should never have to bury their child.

She listened as Lepis continued her talk of journeying to other places to tell of the change of leadership in Taiga. She would be lying if this did not perk some interest inside of her, and she was all but grateful when Aten spoke up.

Her gaze shifted to him as she watched him swallow his pride - god only knew how hard it must of been, and offered to do such a job and requested that Lethia join him. A gentle smile graced her lips as her focus traveled back to Wolfbane. She still found him intimidating, unsettling in a way, but as she stood beside Aten and found her friend, Lepis', gaze she did not feel as threatened as when she had gotten there.

I would very much like to join Aten in this endeavor. she said simply.

Wolfbane concluded his piece. She did not have any questions of the move of leadership at hand. Only many untold confusions in her mind of their intentions. She hoped that Lepis was every bit of a friend as she was the first time they met. She made a mental note to meet with her after the meeting concluded, maybe while Aten and Wolfbane talk.

No other questions would be heard from her right now though, she simply nodded her head slightly towards the pair looking down on them.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Lepis] @[Aten] @[Wolfbane]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677