• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone
    Wrena

Tsss the flame meets the sea there is a sizzle in the atmosphere. It can’t be heard over the lapping of the waves, or the breathing and talking of either creature. It can be felt though, a ripple that shakes over them both. His question is as sweet and alluring and dangerous, like a mermaid – no, like a kelpie. She grins, about to carve a few clever words from her sharp-shooting lips when she is interrupted by the rustling of jungle fronds and patter of feet.

She saunters on light toes, so elegant, such prudence in her steps and in the way she approaches them. Wrena pulls her nose away from Ivar to address the mare with her dark face slightly cocked, her black forelock tumbling to the side to reveal a jack-o-latern eye. The mare does not quite look delicate, like something made of paper, but more like she might be made of ivory – deceivingly strong with an unmatched intricate grace.

A pair, eh? She ponders in silence, glancing to the side at Ivar at the mare’s introductory comment. Wrena listens on with nothing to say but a cold, observant look, letting the mare go on as she was sure to do. And she did. Her next string of lace-like words made the usual sarcastic look upon Wrena’s face wrinkle with confusion and she snapped her attention to Ivar. “Our host?” She mumbled under her breath, not loud enough to be clearly heard but not quiet enough not to be noticed. She brought her eyes back up to the mare, who know began to wrap it all up – she was as smooth as pearl, her voice, the way she moved, everything. Wrena could not decide if she was jealous in some pitiful way, or fascinated in some other more infatuating sort of manner….jury is out, still, I suspect.

Oh,” the bay girl with the big black wings pulls her mouth into a wry half-smile, shooting another mocking glance to Ivar. “He’s my guest.” She tries to fix the crooked of her smile,  but stops trying after a few minutes. “Nice island you have here, Adria.” She pretends to look about briefly, bringing her orange eyes back to the mare, “I am Wrena.

Ivar’s got a toothy mouth to introduce himself.

@[Adria]
    @[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone - by wrena - 06-23-2019, 07:32 PM