• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can't hide from who you are; Wolfbane

I HAVE THREE EYES

Pleased. Just what father would’ve wanted.
    Eyas doesn’t have to look at her dad to understand that he’s elated by Heartfire’s decision to include her, regardless of what she might’ve wanted for herself. “I did kind of wish to be here…” She thinks, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that no one actually asked her, did they? I mean, even if she wasn’t around she could peek in through dad’s eyes anyways but fuck, that wasn’t the point was it?

“Pleasure’s all mine.” Eyas mimics her father’s tone inside of her head. The quiet space between her ears is a refuge these days. Sort of. Part prison and part escape. Sometimes it gives her solace and understanding, like when she’d gazed through mother’s vision to make sure they were okay when they came here to ‘conduct order’. And then sometimes it took her hostage and forced her to see things she didn’t want to see.

Boiling magma.
    The bleeding withers of a mare being taken by force.
    Snow and ice and a zig-zagging white hare trying to outrun you.

Eyas loses sleep at night most often, maybe that’s why she seems so unenthused when normally she might be a tad more excited. She tries her best to blink and smile at the same time when Heartfire glances her way in between ‘having words’ with dad. It uh, well it fails. Comes out looking like a strained grimace. “Lepis and I wanted to break away from Loess before the war.” Her father says, catching a sideways look from his daughter. Was that true? Quick as a blink she flicks through mother’s sight like flicking through a rolodex until she finds what she’s looking for. Yea, it was. Wow. Thanks mom and dad.

Her gift was tricky at best. She could see but couldn’t hear, so lately she’d taken to focusing on horses lips when they talked, like she was doing now with her father. Zoning out and trying to familiarize herself with the words she heard all the time. Loess, Yes and No, Taiga.

“Gale’s death only lit a fire underneath that pre-laid kindling.” Bane spoke in a low voice. Eyas snapped out of her reverie and clenched her jaw. “I’m not - Lepis isn’t either - the type to stay idle. I love you, Heartfire,” And the way he says it sounds so honest and raw that Eyas feels thrown off guard, “but I’m not meant to bow under the thumb of another. It’s not in my blood.”

This is the most she’s heard dad talk about Gale’s death and how it personally affected him since her lost triplet had actually died. Eyas is… contemplative about the entire conversation now. She lifts her dark, black eyes to Heartfire’s blue ones and there’s a moment when she wants to speak so badly that it physically hurts her mouth, but Wolfbane says, “You might not agree but I feel that us coming here and doing what we did really might be best for everyone. Aten’s hurt, I know. He’s been-”

Enough.
    Eyas interjects.

“-Aten didn’t have much of a choice.” The bucking pegasus girl spits out. Her father turns a look on her that could be spitfire, but she doesn’t care. “He hates us. I hate us. I hate that Gale is dead but no matter how many other responsibilities you and mom pick up in the meantime, it won’t bring him back.”

There. She said it. A rattling gasp blows out of her open mouth and Eyas flattens her ears, shaking from the adrenaline rush of finally pouring out so much of what’s been bottled up inside. “He’s gone, don’t you get it? He’s not here in Taiga and you won’t find him in Tephra. He’s gone. Don’t you think I would’ve seen him if I could?”

TWO TO LOOK, AND ONE TO SEE

Eyas

@[Heartfire] uhhhh I hope this makes sense? It's kind of word vomit near the end there

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you can't hide from who you are; Wolfbane - by Eyas - 06-25-2019, 11:27 PM