• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can't hide from who you are; Wolfbane

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

The older they get, the more Wolfbane distinguishes similarities in his children and his relatives. Pteron the golden child, Marni and Tiercel the vagabonds (though Tiercel reminds him so much of Longclaw it hurts.) Gale had been Lepis’ boy and Eyas his girl, so special and unique. But now that he’s stuck between them, great-grandmother and great-granddaughter are remote reflections of one another. As blue as Heartfire’s eyes were so were Eyas’ eyes the same striking, resonating void of black. A color so deep and pure it didn’t make sense.

“It comes from choice.” He murmurs steadfastly, peeling his concerned gaze away from his softly trembling daughter and placing it back onto Heartfire.

When he’s near the speckled roan he feels different than he did before. Like he’d never really looked at her and all of a sudden everything about her seems fresh and intriguing. Outwardly others would assume her the plain sort - she did come from old Beqanna stock - but Wolfbane can see the subtle blend of gray into white into black; he can appreciate the high set of her proud cheeks and the off-kilter frown that demands respect when she speaks.

In response, his new heart pounds like a sick, wanton animal in her presence. It unnerves him, but as upset at she might be all he can do is smile tenderly. He can’t urge himself to anger. Not with her. Never with Heartfire.

“I chose to follow Castile. A decision that led me to war and one that cost me my son. And if it takes a million lifetimes to find out who killed him or why Gale died I will.”

Reaching, one of his wings extends to bump against Eyas. The slender filly refuses to respond, though she does pay rapt attention to her ancestor.

“Now I’ve chosen to command Taiga, following under @[Lepis] and her guidance. In fact, it might be best the two of you speak for once.” He suggests. That is, if Heartfire still doubts their presence here is anything but positive. “Eyas?” Her father asks, tilting his head aside to give her more room for conversation.

Somewhat in disbelief that she’s not been shooed away for her outburst, Eyas swallows and glances between the elders briefly. “Could you…” She begins hesitantly, focusing again on Heartfire with a new sort of curiosity. “Could you teach me?”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Heartfire]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you can't hide from who you are; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 07-05-2019, 02:30 PM