• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

reality is what she makes
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile doesn’t understand why it’s so easy to treat her like this, like she is one of them and always has been. It’s effortless – his softened expression, his warm voice – and simply happens once Oriash is near enough to hear him and see him. Perhaps it is because she is Solace’s child. Although he was once bitter toward their destination changes, everything has settled. The dust has fallen and the animosity has dissipated. What he remembers now, and easily recalls, is Solace’s compassion. If the roles were reversed, she would be just as warm to his children. She would extend a hand and steady their wobbling steps in a new world. At night, she would probably even kiss their brow and wonder what could have been.

And so he looks at Oriash fondly and scrutinizes her antlers that are so much like Kagerus’. He admires her like a proud father would before leveling his eyes onto hers. Innocently, hopefully, she peers up at him though month after month she grows and becomes less of a child. Soon, she will have a greater role to fill than idly wandering.

She wants it, he gathers. She has some sort of ambition that influences her request, and who is he to deny her?

The answer comes quickly to his lips, flirting with the edge of his tongue before finally saying, ”Yes, of course.” The contract has been signed, the wish fulfilled. A smile cuts across his face because although he is pleased to have her among them as another recruit, it gives him some satisfaction to have steered her from her birthright and birth home. Kagerus, especially, would be angry if she knew. But Castile says nothing of them, nothing of Oriash’s parents as he leans forward to brush her forelock rather playfully. ”I like you more than I thought I would,” he chuckles when his lips retract slowly from the warmth of her skin, the soft truth tumbling effortlessly from his mouth, because everything with her is effortless.

castile

@[Oriash]

Messages In This Thread
    reality is what she makes - by Oriash - 07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
    RE: reality is what she makes - by Castile - 07-09-2019, 03:04 PM
    RE: reality is what she makes - by Oriash - 07-16-2019, 08:59 AM
    RE: reality is what she makes - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: reality is what she makes - by Oriash - 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM