• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly

you could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you

She is disadvantaged and knows it very quickly. It is a feeling not unlike the one she sometimes gets with Starsin. Being seen more clearly than she wishes to be, or at least the impression of her own transparency that exceeds what she comfortable with these days. Once everything had been on display for everyone, heart on sleeve, thoughts written in the infinite variations of her expressions. Kensa is wiser now, knows better than to be so raw all the time.

If only for her own sanity.

Still the clear clean warmth in her manner does shrink back from Heartfire’s acute scrutiny. It is a disappointment to be considered worthy of the Northern Queen’s notice, but it seems too unusual a thing to say. “In that case, let us begin.”  Her own preference for directness will perhaps be appreciated here, though a dash of coyness cannot be helped  “What am I meant to say on these visits? Hyaline seeks Nerine’s friendship? We are only a little territory. Hardly worth your notice.”

But you have noticed me already.

Has her Queen.. Her King called on Heartfire ahead of her? As if to speak for themselves and for her, their feral offshoot. Truly Kensa has no idea what Heartfire might want to discuss with her or if she will enjoy the discussion at all but she cannot stand here silently waiting for Heartfire to question her or render judgement of her so far quiet activities.

Kensa

@[Heartfire] One hot pile of garbage fresh for you.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly - by Kensa - 07-08-2019, 10:57 PM