• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly

you could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you

“I would never deliberately do anything to harm Hyaline.” Heartfire knows this already, and so Kensa spares her any kind of emphatic protest. She sees perfectly well what she is meant to understand about herself. Her efforts are not wasted even when she thinks them meaningless,  too she has resisted doing things that might harm Hyaline. She remembers herself to that day after the war of thorns and fire, meeting with Castile. Desire and flirtation mingled with diplomacy, though she took care, protected herself and her home. Other meetings, other company charmed. Kensa sees that just pretending she is doing no harm is blindness.

She can do more, and there is a dark, rich, beautiful desire  in her. A visceral craving for experience.

A sigh accompanies a self deprecating smile that turns a trifle wolfish. “I think I had until this morning, Hearfire.” This morning before she’d crossed into Nerine found herself unexpectedly exposed. She does not think she will ever be quite so terrifying as Heartfire, but what the little mustang mare is capable off has merited notice. Even someone so used to being noticed can be surprised by what others see from time to time. “So what do I do next? Now that I can’t pretend anymore. What did you do?” She is genuinely curious and more than that she wants to know if she can make a friend of Heartfire.

Kensa

@[Heartfire] sorry this sucks the next one will not suck Confusedob:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this isn't what it could be; heartfire mostly - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 08:35 PM