• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's go chasing stars this evening [torryn]
    Torryn
    Despite growing up with several siblings – except his far older sister, who only came around occasionally – he had little experience with others his age. He didn’t realize this until this very moment, when it occurred to him that he wasn’t entirely sure what kids even do or talk about. He knew the kind of games his family played – in and out of the shadows, spinning them and melting into them, and the forest of Taiga was haunted with their disembodied laughter. But as for the rest of them, he wasn’t so sure. Hopefully this girl he had stumbled across wouldn’t expect much of him.

“The desert? That’s interesting,” he isn’t really sure if any of the current lands could be considered a desert. He knows Loess is bare and dry, but he isn’t sure if it is as much of a desert as the old kingdom Dewdrop Desert had been – a name that he has only ever heard murmured in passing, as it was long before his time. “What made you decide to come here?”

She says his name is cute, and he can’t help but to laugh, before scoffing in mock offense, “My name isn’t cute, it’s masculine and...and strong.” She extends her nose towards him, and instinctively he reacts by reaching forward as well, the black of his muzzle brushing just lightly across her pale one. Maybe it’s because she reminds him of his little sister, because she is younger, but he cannot shake the sudden urge to protect her that is taking over him. “I live in Taiga. It’s a forest.” There’s a moments pause, regarding her curiously before offering a little bit hesitantly, “Maybe someday I can show you. If you ever want to see it, I mean.”

@[Astana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let's go chasing stars this evening [torryn] - by Torryn - 07-22-2019, 10:57 AM