• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's go chasing stars this evening [torryn]
    Torryn
    “Danger?” He repeats after her with an amused smile and a tilt of his head. “I mean, I haven’t personally seen any danger, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.” Beqanna was, in fact, riddled with danger. Not everyone here was friendly, even if he had not personally experienced it. He knew, better than anyone, that it was not the shadows that the monsters hid in – his family were the shadows, and he has never seen his father bring harm to anyone. It was those so bold to expose themselves in the light that were the true monsters. The ones that weren’t afraid of being seen.

“Being a knight would be cool. I’m not sure how good I would be at slaying dragons though.” He likes to think himself brave, but he isn’t sure if he is that brave. He has caught glimpses of the many dragon horses that live here; some just a flash of scale and sharp teeth, while others could morph themselves into a dragon entirely. Maybe if he had inherited something from his father he could it within himself to take on such a foe, but as it is, he just a plain boy.

She asks if there are owls in the forest and the question catches him off guard, coaxing a slight frown to his face as he says with a hint of uncertainty, “Um...yeah, there’s owls. Have you never seen one before?” He hadn’t expected there to be so many questions and such fascination surrounding his forested home, and he laughs quietly with a shake of his dark head before saying, “Some of the trees do, but most of them are evergreen trees. Sylva is a forest though that always looks like autumn year round.” Regarding her curiously, and with a faint quirk of his brow, he asks her, “What was your old home like? Sounds like it must have been really different from Beqanna.”

@[Astana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let's go chasing stars this evening [torryn] - by Torryn - 08-22-2019, 12:02 AM