• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    ACTIVITY CHECK [ALL IN]
    Jesper had always planned to summon everyone on the Isle but, he thought it logical to consult Heartfire first. The black needed to make sure he took all steps to present a united front. After all, he represented Nerine, now more than ever. Also, should trouble ever take root in the frozen land (let's face it, as a son of Carnage, it seems to find him or, perhaps, he attracts it), he wanted the full support of their kingdom behind him.

The stallion makes the familiar plunge into the icy waters and, swims through the thick, deep blue medium. By the time his jagged hooves find traction in the snow, Jesper is numb. His muscled physique quivers for mere seconds before his newly acquired adaptation trait has a dense undercoat growing in. The male shakes to fling any clinging droplets from his long black hairs and, soon thereafter begins to warm up. Usually, Jesper would have simply shifted into canine form but, for the sake of this meeting, he thought it would be best to make the call as an equine. Limbs shuffle into motion as the desert-bred steed travels towards the heart of Icicle Isle at a brisk trot. He slides to a halt upon reaching the desired spot: the very center of the isle; most-inland to avoid the coastal winds, a small cluster of trees to offer a bit of shelter and, an even distance away from all sides of the island.

Jesper takes his stance, a calm but, confident one, with his back to the sparse woods. He allows a piercing bugle to pass his parted maw and break the silence of the frozen land. He emits a second call then, waits until the curious faces become visible through the winter fog and blowing snow. He offers a warm smile in greeting as his aquamarine gaze meets each of theirs and, the black tallies those he knows and, those new to him. After several moments, he decides not to waste any more time. He addresses the lot before him with a genuine façade and, alert expression. "Welcome Icicles!" He cannot help but smirk a little as the affectionate term passes his lips. After all, Leilan coined it and, he could not help but remember how the frost dragon's would grin when he said it. "For those of you who do not know this face, or this one," One moment, a black horse head with bronze tipped fuzzy ears, a thick, black veil of a forelock, two sky blue eyes set on either side of a large white blob on his forehead, and a tapered nose (with frosted whiskers), looks over them. The next moment, Jesper takes the form of his canine counterpart. A silver fox head with the same bronze-tipped ears and sky blue eyes meet their gaze. By contrast to his uniform ebony coat as a horse, his pelt, as a fox, is a mixture of grays (ash, heather, charcoal) and white. He stands in the same position; however, quite a bit shorter in height and, more compact in length. He continues with the same voice though remains in this body. "my name is Jesper. I have called you here, as your new Ice Prince, to address the changes and expectations that come with a new leader."

"I have confided in Heartfire and, I wish to reiterate that, as a resident of the Isle, you represent Nerine. We are expected to be loyal. While our loyalty does not require any active participation, there are opportunities for those of you interested in getting involved. Heartfire has asked for one individual, to represent the Isle alongside a resident from Taiga and Nerine, on a council. You would live here but, must be ready to rise to the call on diplomatic trips, as deemed necessary by the North. Icicle Isle will continue to have its own council of three, which serves to check and balance my decisions. Since my promotion, there is an opening on our council where you would serve alongside Camomila and Ardashir. We are also expected to stand together, unified. I invite you to utilize the council or, approach me should you be questioning my decisions or, my intentions. Let it be known that Icicle Isle should be home to any strong enough to endure her harsh climate and isolation. As an Icicle, you are welcome to visit Nerine if you are in need of sustenance, shelter or, socialization. If you prefer isolation and privacy then, the Isle should suit perfectly. Should you need anything, do not hesitate to approach myself or, Lady Camomila."
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

1) If you want your name on the Icicle Isle board, reply to this thread. This is an Activity Check.
    2) You may reply OOC (out of character) or IC (in character).
    3) Jesper is social and would like to get to know everyone so, a one-on-one IC thread is strongly encouraged.
    4) Nerine has a slot open for one council member from I². If interested, please approach Jesper (IC).
    5) I² has a slot open for one council member. If interested, please approach Jesper (IC).
    Aloha! I still have Ilan but his account got nuked so I’ll probably reply to this after my trip is done, he’ll probably want to get stuck in and help!
    Alvorr | Anninux | Aziz | Caelestra | Castaneis | Rouhi | Ruinam | Sidereum
    I’ll have Aodhan visit and decide what he wants IC from there. I’m not certain if he wants to live here still or not any more but he loves to check in every once in a while at any rate <3