• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All things want to open. [any]
    She doesn't really know what to expect when she asks the question. Lilli should know better than to follow the source of the sound so boldly, to let that curiosity take a quick grip of her. If anything, her instincts tell her she should be moving away from the sound carries from. But the chestnut mare is inquisitive and in the daylight, Lilli can be brave. It is the night that leaves her fearful and creating shadows from the darkest places of her mind.

She takes a few more steps forward, nostrils dilating with the scent that Neverwhere carries. It's different  - like so many things about this place. The crimson girl has been exposed a vast variety of equines from birth. Her own lineage descends from air-benders, masters of storms and gales so it wouldn't take much for Lilli to believe that this silver mare could command the forest around her. She sees Neverwhere look at her, those eyes almost straining to make her out and instictively Lilli moves forward, walking away from the wood behind her.  Lilli's own dainty ears prick forward making her the picture of eagerness. 

The mare replies, her tone settling around Lilliana like a gentle whisper. Neverwhere turns her gaze and Lilli's follows her own, blue and expectant as if the wood might share those secrets with them. The quiet hangs suspended around them as she strains to hear, waits for the audible proof of what Neverwhere has just said.  "Oh," she replies, her mind still thinking of all mystery the forest around them has to offer. "I'll watch out for that then."

Finding herself tangled in snow and branch wasn't something she particularly cared to experience. 

She sighs, staring off in the abyss of timber and umbra. Her eyes glance up and down the trees as thought comes and Lilli does as she always done, thinks out loud. "Have you ever met someone who can hear the trees? I've always wondered about all the things they've seen, whats wisdom they might have to impart on us mere mortals." The daydreamer turns her attention from the majestic wood and looks to the silver mare, curious again.  A corner of the mouth quirks, that playful smile teasing to break like a dawn. "I'm Lilliana. What's your name?"

ooc: i'm so sorry for my odd child.
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    All things want to open. [any] - by Neverwhere - 07-06-2019, 03:33 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-07-2019, 07:47 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-09-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-14-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-20-2019, 02:34 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-23-2019, 06:25 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-27-2019, 02:22 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-27-2019, 07:44 PM