• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    ”Erio,” he quietly murmurs, calming the exuberance of his voice to match her, ”Mother calls me Erio.” As Dracarys lifts her head a little higher, so does he. His sister is proud, so shouldn’t he be? He makes a feeble attempt, but when his nutmeg eyes trace across her, he sees only perfection and strength. She is the embodiment of everything their parents could want in a child.

So what happened to him?

But he tries with all of his energy to move past that and harness the joy that washes across him at having finally met his sister. ”I don’t know what her plans are,” he admits solemnly, ”but she was in Pangea last I checked, especially since dad no longer leads Sylva. Maybe she feels lost… like me.” It’s difficult to see her in that light, however. Their mother always seems so steadfast and determined, like she has everything together. Is it truly possible that she herself is confused as to where she belongs now? With Sylva taken out from beneath their parents’ feet, where do they feel to go? Where is the next best thing?

With his thoughts reeling, they suddenly come to a screeching halt with Dracarys’ question. Erio’s ears flicker thoughtfully. ”I do actually,” he is more or less thinking aloud. His gaze narrows as his nose points to the sky, picturing the barren landscape. ”It’s open. You can’t hide,” his tongue slips out and across his lips, ”I have no option than to be myself and to be seen. It forces me out of the shadows and out of my comfort zone…” oddly enough, he has wasted hours considering his thin attachment to Pangea and why it exists so early in his life. He has done nothing for the kingdom, not even admitted his youthful loyalty to it. But Pangea has offered him a kindness that mother could not even match.

”I’m… small… as mother puts it. I think she had grand expectations. She has told father that she misses her darling Dracarys and she would tell me how beautiful you are and fierce. You are what she wants in a child while I’m just… a bother.” His voice is level, but it drains him of all his energy to remain composed as he recalls Valdis’ cold looks and barbed words. ”I just hoped they could help me because I don’t know where else to turn. I don’t know what I want or what would even help. I just want to be a positive impact and to be able to make mother’s smile brighten like it does when she talks about you…”

erio

@[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone; - by Erio - 07-08-2019, 02:49 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 07-13-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 07-18-2019, 04:00 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 07-19-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 07-22-2019, 09:31 AM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 07-27-2019, 12:14 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 07-31-2019, 08:47 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 08-03-2019, 01:41 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 08-14-2019, 06:55 PM