• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Things I'll never say; ANY
    He traveled slow, unconcerned. He had watched many passing seasons. None of which he had indulged in whole heartedly, even know as he trails the out skirt of the snow covered field he shifts quietly between ghost and real. His footsteps broken in step behind him. He wafted through the cold chill and the comfort of nothing aimlessly. 

His first attempt at rejoining the world of the living had been a complete bust. He was not welcomed home into loving arms or even stranger arms. His heart held the burdens of decades but his body consumed the longevity of youth. 

His yearling body twinkled in and out of existence over and over again, always returning to the comfort of his ghostly home. His ears flicked around out of habit and his tail swishes at imaginary flies. When did he become this friendless man with no family or home to go to. Forever he supposed,  he had always been locked away in his ghost cage, never sure how to escape even when he had learned to control his ability.

His dull eyes watch the horses curled up together lower in the field sharing the heat of their bodies, waiting much like he, for someone to come and offer them a home. 
    KHA
    it doesn't matter what world you live in; it only matters what world lives in you
    The yearling was in a rather frantic state, pushed from the nest and unsure of where life would take her now. She didn't know what kingdom she should call home, Nerine was all she knew.

She decided to play it safe and headed for the field, she flew through the sky sporting her jet black feathers in her crow form. It was easy to spy from the sky, especially as a crow, the equines never gave her a second glance.

As she flew she spotted another who was similar in age, she zoned in on him and flew a circle around him a few times. He didn't seem to be in much of a rush, in fact he hadn't moved at all.

He must not have been a threat, and with it the crow soared to the ground. Before she nose dived she shifted back into her equine form, throw snow everywhere as she landed. She stretches out her equine wings, tucking them back against her ribcage.

The teal girl moves closer to the young boy, whom she probably splashed with snow on her landing. Uhm...Hello..did I...did I splash you? The girl was cautious, she didn't know how to interact with equines not her family.

@[Kha] couldn't resist <3
    At the last minute the black shadow in the snow infront of him shifting his gaze to the sky as the black crow nose dived right in front of him shifting in mid flight.He had just enough time as she tumbled to the ground splattering a mountain of snow his way to shift slightly to ghost form.

It was enough that the snow had not stuck to his hide but he could feel the uncomfortable coldness shift through him, a limbo where time slowed down, and the senses were muted. By the time she had composed herself he had shifted back to his solid form. Aside from the slight turn of his head he had not moved an inch.

He eyed the girl curiously though his amber eyes had seen enough in their lifetime that he did not show any signs of surprise. He waited quietly as the teal girl said hi and stumbled through her question. A small semblance if a smile shifted across his face, Barely.

The girl looked to be about the same age as he supposedly was. She looked kind enough, new to the world on her own. I'm Kha. Hello. he tilted his head, slender and young, but filled with years of experiences.
    KHA
    it doesn't matter what world you live in; it only matters what world lives in you

@[Vita] <3
    She gazed over him, he thankfully had no snow stuck to his pelt and he confirms it in his response. A small smile tugs at his maw which welcomes one of her own in response. Oh good! she quickly responded in a hushed voice.

He introduces himself as Kha, he seemed pleasant enough and she was rather suprised with his personality. My name is Vita, she introduces herself with a warm smile.

She wondered why he was here, just to visit? Was he also pushed from his nest to find a life of his own? Or perhaps he never had a family to call his own and was forced to call this place home.

Do you live here..? her gaze falters from him as she asks. Perhaps if he was alone they could travel together for a bit. She wouldn't hold her breath though.

@[Kha]
    Vita he let's the name roll across his tongue.  These last few moments had been the most he had said to anyone in a long time, he wanted to cherish it. Yet, if he was truly a child they probably would not ponder on such things and so he continues, I like that name, it seems to fit you well. he said.

As she asked him of home he almost falters as he opens his mouth. Does he tell her that he spends most of his time haunting the forest? Or does he pretend his life has begun over and he hadn't spent the last 30 odd years stuck in a world of his own seeing but never touching, watching but never talking? He decides on a combination of the both, he didn't want to scare off his new friend, anyhow. No I don't live here. Only visiting. Seeing if anyone would offer up a home to me, actually. I spend most of my time in the forest. What about you? Where do you call home? He watches her, it had been some time since he had an actual conversation. He was not even sure this is how one went.
    KHA

@[Vita]
    He says her name, quickly moving on to note that it suited her. She smiled in response, quickly growing fond of the young boy.

As she inquires about his reason for visiting the field she is quickly disappointed when he says he does not live here. But he did add that he was looking for a home! And that he lives in the forest, which she could live in the forest, it had more coverage anyway!

Oh! The forest is certainly nice! She says as she perks up. I used to live in Nerine, her heart aches as she mentions her old home. But mother and father thought it was best I set out on my own path now... She scans the ground for a few moments before finding his gaze again.

I guess I have been looking for a home as well, I knew the field often had recruiters out...do you live in the forest alone!? She unknowingly lingers closer to him as she questions him. Perhaps the pair could grow to be friends, at least until they...or one of them found a home!

@[Kha]
    The sound of another's voice was not unusual to him. He had spent years listening to an array of conversations, some even that were not ment for his ears. What was weird to him was the idea of talking back, the idea that the I individual infront of him was responding to what HE had to say.

His amber eyes watched her in fascination. She seemed excited and disappointed in one at the idea of not having a home. The possibility of adventure while finding one but not having a place to go when the adventure was done. He listened as she spoke his attention always on her, but his mind trailing behind.

Alone? You could say that I guess. Most others don't notice me and continue on their way. Only a few have ever stuck around for more than a night. It's more of a resting spot. If only she knew he was the reason most did not stay long. Out of boredom he haunted those woods more often than he cared to admit.

He knew though at some point he needed to be apart of this world, maybe let someone haunt him for a change. His eyes moved to the field infront of them the chill of winter creeping into his body from sitting stagnant for so long. Would you like to keep moving around the field to see if anyone has anything to offer us? he said shifting is amber gaze back to the fabiano who had sidled in closer to him, a smile crossed his muzzle as he gazed at her.
    KHA

@[Vita]
    Some chidren never leave there parents kingdom, but both her parents agreed it was best if she found her own path, even if it brought her back to Nerine.

It frightened her to be alone, but in this moment she was glad to have ran into Kha who seems to be a good enough guy. When he answers her question she tilts her head, he seems to have lived a lonely life already.

He asks if she wants to move around the field, to see what else there is to offer and she nods her head. Sure, she responds quietly to him. The pair begin to further explore the field, a place she had not explored fully.

The two walked side by side, his warmth emitting from him. It was nice to not be alone, and certainly during the winter seasons. I'm sorry that you feel alone, she says, unaware of his traits. Have you seen any of the kingdoms in beqanna? Or thought about settling into one? Her gaze flicks to him for a moment, curious if his thoughts.

@[Kha]
    They trail the edge of the field his eyes move slowly between her and the other horses gathered in the center. At times they were moving almost impossibly slow and he would find himself forcing his legs to move quicker. The life he had lived did not require him to move quickly, he had all the time in the world.

She pulled him out of his mucky movements as she asked him about his experiences in Beqanna and settling down. He eyed her for a moment, a slow moment that hung between them as he thought. Her blue eyes whispered to him, and he felt as if he could all in one moment trust her with who he was, or at least part of who he was.

I am not lonely anymore. he didn't smile for he wasn't just being friendly he came off as if he was stating a simple fact. The best knowledge he had discovered in quite awhile.

I have seen all of Beqanna. Every inch. But nothing I had seen made me want to stay... yet. They continued on for a moment.

Breath. Breath. Breath.

He sucked down some air. He had never told anyone about his life before. He wondered if she would pick up on the meaning of his words. How could he a man the age of a yearling have traveled and seen all of Beqanna already? He attempted to hide his anxiety of the situation at hand from her keeping his face as straight as he could, but he has never had to worry about such trivial things before. He didn't even know if he was good at it.
    KHA

@[Vita]
    Vita

They traveled beside one another, Vita was just happy to be in the company of someone. She was a shy girl, and for some reason trusting of nearly everyone she came across. One day it will catch up to her, but in this moment she enjoyed there travels.

When she asks about him he seems to hesitate, but only for a moment. He responds that he isn't alone anymore and the joy made her heart flutter. She smiles at him as they walk, her gaze content on him.

He continues to speak, but what he says next shocks her. He has traveled all of beqanna but none of it made him want to stay?? She tilts her head, the moment of joy quickly crushed. Oh? She questions, What was wrong with it? Was it the company? Or did he have a bad experience somehow? He left her with a million and one questions now.

She was young and naive, his words may have stumped an older more mature equine, but Vita doesn't second guess it. And for that she doesn't realize the truth about Kha, the lifetime he has already lived.

Fear Controls You

@[Kha]