• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  fire in her hands

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

Delicate features cringe on her golden face as she watches the weather float on from outside her cover of trees. She really hated winter, it has been said before and it will said again. Elaina is a child of summer through and through. She is a child of the sunshine, of flowers standing tall and beautiful, and she is a child of the warmth that she remembers surrounding her back when she had been with her family. This is not Elaina’s first winter, she had experienced her first when she had lived in Windskeep, her birth land. She remembered having fallen asleep between the dark form of her father and the creamy form of her mother, feeling safe and snug as they kept close to her. Not too far off lay her buckskin grandmother, always staying close to the small family inside an even larger extended one. Then, those eyes of amber had open beneath the fluttering of long, dark lashes and they opened wider still when the sights outside greeted her. It was a land cast into an alabaster shade, sparkling and shining in the morning sunshine. Quickly, she had wriggled out from between her parents and raced to the outside, her feet sinking immediately beneath the flakes stacked on top of each other. That ash dusted muzzle lowered towards, touch reaching out hesitantly to taste the little creations only to find they tasted like water, and were cold to the touch. How strange! She stomped around in the strange landscape, kicking up her heels as her parents watched, leaning against one another like perfect puzzle pieces of contrasting colors. It was only when a cold breeze brushed by over the icy landscape and Elaina felt a deep chill down to her bones that she moved back to the warmth and safety of her parents. “Okay,” she said in her young, little voice. “I think I am done with this, you can take it back to where it came from now.”

And has been her feelings on the matter of winter since.

She finds her way to the river once again, not sure why she enjoys the way it babbles and talks, filling the silence of her thoughts and concerns offers her so much comfort. She brushes past the tree line to the becoming ever more familiar sight of the rushing water. Elaina expects to be alone on this chilling day, but she seems to wrong on this idea, because amber eyes spot a girl wading into the river, nearly submerged in the no doubt icy waters. It is when she notices her wings, wings made of fire that pushes Elaina to move out from the trees, intrigued by what she has seen.

The sunflower girl comes from a land of magic, but it didn't seem to hold the same amount as this land did and Elaina is immediately taken by this girl and what she possess. “That looks cold,” she shouts out to the girl, hoping she would not startle the girl too much if at all. “Couldnt wait until spring?” She asks with a lilting note of playful laughter ticking the edges of her lips. This is when Elaina steps closer, letting her hooves touch the icy water, still so curious and enthralled she hardly can help herself but to move closer to the mare. “Your wings,” she says, pauses, that look of awe clear on her golden face. A breeze ruffles by, revealing that heart shaped birthmark on her brow. “They are beautiful.”

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

Messages In This Thread
    fire in her hands - by brunhilde - 07-11-2019, 08:16 PM
    RE: fire in her hands / mature - by Elaina - 07-11-2019, 10:40 PM
    RE: fire in her hands / mature - by Aodhan - 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: fire in her hands - by brunhilde - 08-04-2019, 01:40 PM
    RE: fire in her hands - by Elaina - 08-25-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: fire in her hands - by Aodhan - 08-26-2019, 12:56 PM