• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  fire in her hands

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

“She’s beautiful, you know.” He breathes as he watches her in the distance. “It was the first thing I noticed when I met her. Not her physical beauty (though she has plenty of that, mind you), but the beauty of that light that I could see dancing just behind her eyes. It was incredible, just to see how alive and full of energy this one little person could be. And, I’m embarrassed to admit … I fell in love right on the spot.” Benjamin had spoken these words to Beylani however long ago, on the ancient grounds of Windskeep as Elaina danced in the distance, chasing butterflies, believing if she just ran fast enough, just ran hard enough, maybe she could lift off and take to the skies. He speaks these words about that beautiful golden daughter of his, a smile on that usually solemn face. Elaina would have loved to hear those words, it would have tickled her pink, but, as fate would have it, they were just another thing that was lost when Frostbane stole a father from his daughter.

Elaina has never been proud or arrogant and so when a stranger dismisses her with ease, Elaina is not hurt, but she cannot deny that she is curious. She has never thought so highly of herself to deem herself worthy of everyone’s affections and attention. In fact, Elaina was much more content in the company of a few others. “Just be safe, please,” she calls out to her, thinking, perhaps, she ought to leave this mare to her devices and move on. But it is in about the same moment that Brunhilde notices something stirring beneath the surface. “What is that?” Elaina ushers under her breath, attempting to not raise her voice out of fear that the loud noise may disturb the creature. Her breath is caught in her lungs, she holds it, as if this is the one thing she can offer the mare who now slowly backs out of the water. The matter and suspense is not made any lighter as the mare seems to almost taunt the serpent creature as she exits the river.

It is only when the stunning mare exits the moving water and comes to Elaina’s side that the golden, sunflower mare can usher a sigh of relief. Her own eyes of amber look at the way those golden eyes saunter down her Spanish face. “Are you okay? That thing didn't bit you did it?” She asks worriedly, amber eyes searching the mare’s body for any sign of injury. Elaina still holds a mild blissful ignorance and so she hears Brunhilde’s words as a simply compliment and nothing more. “Thank you,” she says with a pretty smile. “You are quite stunning yourself, I mean your wings,” she says almost breathlessly, unsure of how to describe the mare before her.  The mare has moved herself closer to Elaina, still, the golden mare does not mind, her assumption is it is all friendly. “I am Elaina,” she says before eyeing the water once more. “Do you think it’s gone?”

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

@[brunhilde] @[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    fire in her hands - by brunhilde - 07-11-2019, 08:16 PM
    RE: fire in her hands / mature - by Elaina - 07-11-2019, 10:40 PM
    RE: fire in her hands / mature - by Aodhan - 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: fire in her hands - by brunhilde - 08-04-2019, 01:40 PM
    RE: fire in her hands - by Elaina - 08-25-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: fire in her hands - by Aodhan - 08-26-2019, 12:56 PM