• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [PQ - in progress] bring on the night

S I D H R A

Sidhra was uncomfortable in this strange place without her magic.  She had tried and failed to teach herself to speak again.  She’d only had success with producing only raspy sounds and broken syllables.  Her magic had been a reflex since the day she was born up to the moment she set foot in these lands.  She knew these lands to be imbued with magic, but it was different than that of the Rift.  She had difficulty feeling any sort of bitterness, as Beqanna was already much improved when compared to the Rift.  There were stars here.  Sidhra could live quite happily beneath these stars.

But without means to communicate, she could not thrive.  She would simply exist as a bystander to life here, a silent witness to history. 

The air cooled as she climbed, but the stars burned more brightly.  The air thinned and her breath became uneven.  Too long had she been away from such elevations. Once, the mountains had been her home. Once, she had routinely climbed to the peaks where the earth reached up to meet the stars.  But it had been too long since the little fae had climbed towards the stars.  Her body had forgotten, but her heart had not. She pressed on. Hope drove each footstep and drove away her fear. 

Sidhra squeezed her eyes shut and lifted her head towards the stars, for no sound left her lips as she spoke. “Please, I ask you to help return my ability to speak...,” the words were contained to her mind - trapped.  So instead, the fae stood and prayed in silence - hoping that the magic in this place would somehow hear her plea.  

BRING ON THE NIGHT
    image credit

Sidhra is asking for her telepathy restored, which she had offsite. 
    @[Officials]
    She can hear the plea quite plainly, and her heart, though as hard as the bark of the tree that she was carved from, melts just slightly. It is not power or prestige this fae seeks, but simply the ability to speak. It is an easy ask, and one Wysteria is vaguely tempted to simply give, but the rules of this world do not work this way and in truth, she is rarely one to bend.

She appears without any fanfare, simply materializing in front of the small, blue mare. They get stranger and stranger by the day, she thinks, though of course who is she to judge? After all, she’s a fairy shaped horse made of glitter and leaves and the hardest of hearts.

“You do not need words to speak,” she says simply, truthfully. There were other ways to communicate, after all. “But I can understand how they make your life easier. Go, find a way to communicate with three others without the use of words, and then come back to me and tell me what you learn from those interactions.” Still, though words may make it easier, sometimes in the silence there was more to learn. So she will send the mare to learn, and only after will she grant her the ease she seeks.

Sidhra has rolled a 6 and will receive a quest. Complete 3 threads with other characters (or the NPC account) in which Sidhra communicates without words. Come back and report on what you learn from these interactions.

@[Sidhra]
    Please tag in replies