• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Ruinam] she's a little explosion of hope

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

She shines like the golden sunshine child she is. Her parents had named her in honor of the afternoon sun, bold and beautiful, burning. In turn, she lived up to her namesake. Elaina had not been like some of the typical legacy girls that surrounded her family, far from the quiet Melody and Starlett. The fillies that were raised by their mothers to be poised and proper, elegant and gentle in the presence of their elders or guests. The colts were taught to be calm and courteous. They were taught the formal and respectful ways to greet maidens and those of higher rank, how to carry a sense of level respect and uphold the family name, image, and honor. Elaina had been born eager to test her limits and find adventures, rather than learn her lessons about duty and grace. She loved the feeling of the wind whispering into her ears and running through her tendrils as she raced as wildly and freely as the eagle that soared high above the trees and mountains. The rush of finding something new, the thrill of not knowing where a trail might take her, creating an adrenaline infused concoction of excitement twisted with uncertainty. She was told this brazen personality came from her father, her godfather had always said he was a bit “against the grain”, while that grace in which she took on the world was entirely her mother’s.

The amber eyed girl with pale tresses like long locks of cumulus looks up at the character she had just so clumsily run into. She hopes she had not caused him to become upset in anyway. His warm smile immediately scatters away any of that sense of doubt. “Hello,” she says with a warm, confident smile of her own, looking every inch like her mother in that moment.

It is then those amber eyes flutter down to the companion at his side. “And who is this?” She asks with a smile, a blink of those same eyes adorned with long, feminine lashes. She wasn't quite sure what this creature was, having been forbidden to travel to the Snow Plains her entire life when she lived in Beyond and never having traveled to a place where ice and snow reign. “I am contemplating a home,” she admits. Elaina had met Kensa not too long ago and she was on her way to her land. “Have you met a leader named Kensa?” She asks then. Elaina only knew what the mare had presented her with, unsure what others may speak about her when not in her presence. “She lives in a place called Hyaline?” She asks, providing as much information as she could to the stallion before her.

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Ruinam] she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-30-2019, 11:07 AM