• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And now, I fall; Castile, any!

The past couple of weeks had really rattled the bay stallion's brain, he couldn't wrap his mind around everything that was going, in fact, he didn't even know if he wanted to contemplate any of it, just the sheer thought made him feel uneasy and rather stressed, it was much easier to forget all about it and relax.

The stallion walks around the territory alone, he does not contemplate leaving or building massive structures just to annoy the residents of Loess, though the thought did run through his mind more than once. He simply walks alone, trailing along the edge of the territory, his mind deep in thought.

He had been pretty used to the idea of spending time alone, but while imprisoned in loess, it took a larger toll on the stallion than he had expected, creating more of a moral shift in his mind, making him lost in thought a lot more often.
    After he had heard of Sylva's fall, he tried to think of ways to bring the kingdom back, though deep down he knew he did not care, he had only been in sylva for a few days, maybe a few weeks at most, his loyalty to the land had perhaps been created on a whim, on a thought of survival, though now he felt the guilt rush back to him, maybe there was more he could have done if he had cared, if he had been a little less selfish.

His loyalties to kingdoms and people were not easily formed, and this time he had maybe underestimated himself, he had trusted too quickly and invested himself in someone he did not know. Now he wandered around doing odd jobs for kingdoms, from building shelters to prisons, he had done it all.

The stallion halts when he comes across a rather cosy looking nook, stone older than the stallion forms around two large and old trees, moss gently cascades down the side of the rock formation as the evening light beams through the large branches of the old trees, the stallion smiles as his legs are suddenly engulfed by the earth below him, he closes his eyes and the earth begins to rumble.

After a minute the earth around the rock formation begins to rise, it forms a large dome shape around the rocks, using the two trees and the rock behind it as support, Aziz channels the rock into the dome and introduces it to his building, the dome now begins to look as if it belongs there, entangled by rock and tree.
    The bay male also carries minerals through the earth, distributing them evenly through the dome-like home, the crystals and gems shine sharply as the light hits them, the stallion smiles as his formation slowly comes to life.

Though the structure is still much too cold, the stallion conjures the idea of stealing Tephra's lava, he is sure they would not mind too much if he was to pinch just a little.
    This time it takes longer for the idea to come to life, he had to make it safe for the lava to travel underground, he could not leave any of the tunnels open or cause any earthquakes, after all, he did not want to ruin his home so quickly.

Aziz channels the lava under the dome and lets it collect in a cave below that is deep enough not to pose a threat, but close enough to let enough heat inside his dome. He finishes the idea by closing off the tunnels leading to the Tephran volcano and opens his eyes for a moment, glancing at his new home.

It is almost finished, but lacks decoration. Without a second thought the stallion steals some nearby flowers, cutting through the earth and allowing it to levitate toward his home, he places the collection of roses, lilies and dahlias along the front of his home and makes sure to close up all the areas he stole from, after all, he wouldn't want to damage the very soil he lives on.
    Next, the bay male moves all the moss from behind the rock and lets it dangle over the entrance to the large dome, he also lets the moss decorate the trees and one side of the dome.

To finish the whole structure off the stallion creates a sizeable hole that reaches into the cave of lava below, he builds the earth forming from the hole into a chimney-like structure that reaches through and above the dome, letting hot steam rise into the air.
    He finally opens his eyes and steps out of the holes that had engulfed his legs.

The structure is finished, though looks new and disturbed, so the stallion gently blows at the earth and it shakes gently, allowing dust to rise and slowly settle on his home, he smiles as he admires his home from a distance, entering after a moment of silence, the floor is warm, heated by the lava below, the decorations cast a homely and inviting look across the whole structure, soon enough, his home has been formed.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Castile] Sorry i did shorten it a little! I get carried away with his trait cause I love building things!
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Another pacifist, another voice having scolded him for his decisions.

What if he listened to them all and cowered in the corner to allow for the world to trample him? What if he refused to exploit his own strength in fear of upsetting or harming others? Life would have taken him down an entirely different path. It would have beaten him and trampled him repeatedly. It isn’t in his nature to drag himself away from opposition; his is a son of iron and fire. But he warns his foes. Castile tries to deter those around him from rattling his cage’s bars, but they never seem to listen. Instead, they are fueled by the potential. They want to see him at his worst and break him down with guilt and the repercussions of his actions. They don’t consider that he warned them, that everything could have been avoided if they only listened.

But there are many on the outside looking in, the pacifists, that reprimand and question him when they only see the havoc he causes. They do not consider what led to that, what pulled the trigger.

Castile cannot expect them to understand. He cannot force their thoughts to change.

It crosses his mind if Aziz has reconsidered seeing as he still remains and constructs a shelter with a force bubbling from his own veins and muscles. From a short ways away, Castile observes the production and completion of the home before approaching with a relaxed but amiable expression. ”Fascinating work you can do,” there is warmth in his voice, but not at all the vehemence of fire. It’s kind, his compliment, and it’s accompanied by a languid grin as his eyes trace the rocks and entryway before glancing to the smoke and steam billowing from beneath. ”You’re making yourself comfortable then,” and here he focuses on Aziz, ”so will you be staying in Loess?” The man was so adamant to return to Sylva, to latch onto a sense of loyalty to a monarchy that didn’t deserve it. Castile didn’t object, allowing Aziz to follow his own ideas and plans. He would learn on his own what a mistake it was.

”What goals do you have for yourself?” The question is abrupt, stemming from Castile’s curiosity.

castile

@[Aziz]

His head peeks out of his shelter, his body in pursuit as he hears a familiar voice "Thank you, Castile, I do enjoy messing around with the earth" the warmth in the dragon's voice is met by his, his tone kinder than he would usually present himself. He moves outside to greet him, dipping his head politely as he halts nearby.
    He was still surprised at himself, he had been opposed to settling down in Loess but now he was building a home and inviting his child to live with him, he had also been getting better with his child, he had been inviting to him, helpful even, he did not want to watch him suffer any longer.

His attention quickly returns to Castile as he speaks again, the thought of staying in Loess is already cemented in mind, it had taken a while but he had decided to change his loyalties "If you would allow me to, I would like to stay" he smiles, he had of course been on the opposing side for a short while, though now that felt like a long time ago.
    Though now Castile poses a question he is unsure of, he takes a moment to think about it before answering "That I am unsure of yet, but I will try to make myself useful here, I have built prisons for your past rulers and I can build much more, just let me know what you need" he grins, he remembers when he had created the prison for loess, he was offered a title and a place in Loess though he refused, back then he was much more invested in himself, he did not think much of settling down and making a home for himself.

"What do you plan to do with Sylva now?" he asks curiously, his head tilted slightly, he wonders what will become of the forest, though is glad it has not been burnt to the ground.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Castile]
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”Then stay you will,” Castile offers lightly, his eyes catching the sunlight before he blinks and glances away toward the eastern mountain range. All around them, there are the sounds of voices busily buzzing through the air as Loess continues to thrive. A smile threatens to crease his handsome face, but the shadow of it flickers away before ever coming to fruition. There is a stoicism that stills him, that still sinks into his thoughts. Aziz has quickly shifted his allegiance, but it’s fair to say why. There wasn’t – isn’t – much of an option, and Castile struggles to turn away an eager recruit. His trust has always been so freely handed, but with turbulent relations, he is beginning to curl back into himself and realize how few can truly be trusted.

Permitting Aziz the opportunity to win him, however, is solidified by the gradual appearance of a smirk when Castile finally suppresses his negative thoughts. A deliberate nod poses as a quiet response to the man, knowing well what terrakinesis can do. He had a glimpse of it in Tephra, now Loess, and that isn’t even the peak of Aziz’s capabilities. There could be so much more if he were so inclined, or so angry.

With a tilt of his head, the Loessian king regards the man with mounting curiosity. ”What is the greatest thing – the biggest thing – you’ve done with your magic?” In response, Castile considers his own answers, and they flutter around in his mind, unspoken. The memories are both wonderful and terrible, this monster inside him both a blessing and a curse. Admittedly, he cannot pictures himself without it. The dragon is a piece of his soul, a piece of his mind, body, and happiness. Is it the same for those with terrakinesis, or like mother, with animation?

In the midst of calculating himself, Castile distantly hears Aziz’s questions penetrate the walls of his thoughts. Sylva, he asks, and the draconic king lifts his eyes in realization. ”Starsin will lead it for now,” he begins, lacking a grand scheme to have taken the deciduous forest, ”but she wants to return to Loess. I think Sylva may be a gift to someone deserving that remains loyal to Loess.” Not to him, not to the monarchy necessarily, but to the kingdom and its wellbeing. It may be a grand wish as homes are uprooted and overtaken, but he considers it dreamily with an expression that softens even underneath Aziz’s scrutiny.  

castile

@[Aziz]

Relief rushes over him in an instant, his emotions quickly flushed when Castile accepts his residence on a whim, a thankful nod entering his posture as he steadies his breath.

Aziz had been rather confused after awaking from his deep slumber, re-entering a world that had been reformed, one without the land he ruled and one without the people, loved ones, that he knew.
    But quickly, the stallion reformed and learned to live in the new world, settling down in Sylva, aiding them in a war, for all of it to crumble in a single moment.
    But now the stallion has a new chance at life again, one that he does not wish to screw up with misinformed decisions and naivety.

The stallion smiles faintly at the dragon's next question, his eyes staring back at Castile "I aided both sides in the war, I have created giant walls and homes on the icicle isle to protect their people from the harsh winds" he pauses, catching his breath "I have built Loess a prison on Starsin's request" he says with ease, unwilling to admit that perhaps he participated in the war more than he would like.
    "I hope to do more though, I want to learn how far I can go with my magic," he says quietly, still uneasy about learning his magic's full extent.

He does not reply on the topic of Sylva, only nodding when Castile finishes speaking "Is there anything I can do?" he asks rather blandly "I feel useless sitting around, I would much rather go out to do something, whether that is for Loess, or you" he says, a slight quiver reaching his lips.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—