• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And now, I fall; Castile, any!
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”Then stay you will,” Castile offers lightly, his eyes catching the sunlight before he blinks and glances away toward the eastern mountain range. All around them, there are the sounds of voices busily buzzing through the air as Loess continues to thrive. A smile threatens to crease his handsome face, but the shadow of it flickers away before ever coming to fruition. There is a stoicism that stills him, that still sinks into his thoughts. Aziz has quickly shifted his allegiance, but it’s fair to say why. There wasn’t – isn’t – much of an option, and Castile struggles to turn away an eager recruit. His trust has always been so freely handed, but with turbulent relations, he is beginning to curl back into himself and realize how few can truly be trusted.

Permitting Aziz the opportunity to win him, however, is solidified by the gradual appearance of a smirk when Castile finally suppresses his negative thoughts. A deliberate nod poses as a quiet response to the man, knowing well what terrakinesis can do. He had a glimpse of it in Tephra, now Loess, and that isn’t even the peak of Aziz’s capabilities. There could be so much more if he were so inclined, or so angry.

With a tilt of his head, the Loessian king regards the man with mounting curiosity. ”What is the greatest thing – the biggest thing – you’ve done with your magic?” In response, Castile considers his own answers, and they flutter around in his mind, unspoken. The memories are both wonderful and terrible, this monster inside him both a blessing and a curse. Admittedly, he cannot pictures himself without it. The dragon is a piece of his soul, a piece of his mind, body, and happiness. Is it the same for those with terrakinesis, or like mother, with animation?

In the midst of calculating himself, Castile distantly hears Aziz’s questions penetrate the walls of his thoughts. Sylva, he asks, and the draconic king lifts his eyes in realization. ”Starsin will lead it for now,” he begins, lacking a grand scheme to have taken the deciduous forest, ”but she wants to return to Loess. I think Sylva may be a gift to someone deserving that remains loyal to Loess.” Not to him, not to the monarchy necessarily, but to the kingdom and its wellbeing. It may be a grand wish as homes are uprooted and overtaken, but he considers it dreamily with an expression that softens even underneath Aziz’s scrutiny.  

castile

@[Aziz]

Messages In This Thread
    And now, I fall; Castile, any! - by Aziz - 07-17-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: And now, I fall; Castile, any! - by Castile - 07-18-2019, 09:14 AM
    RE: And now, I fall; Castile, any! - by Aziz - 07-20-2019, 08:22 AM
    RE: And now, I fall; Castile, any! - by Castile - 11-07-2019, 02:34 PM
    RE: And now, I fall; Castile, any! - by Aziz - 11-08-2019, 01:17 PM