• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know the reason you're always afraid, malone/any
    If Meraxes knew of his father’s plan to leave, he would somehow sprout wings to follow his dad wherever he plans on going. Ophanim is a gentle soul, much gentler than the children he is leaving behind, and who knows how well he will cope all alone? Mer has never pretended to have a perfect childhood – he barely knows his mother’s name and his constant pranks on Starsin have ensured her hatred of him – but his father has always been good to him and having Malone constantly at his side has definitely helped. Half-siblings they may be, but Mer has never been closer with anyone else.

Speaking of Malone – he barely thinks of his brother and there he is, burying his head into his big brother’s shoulder with an urgency that takes away all of Mer’s pain in an instant. He commands Mer to swear to never leave, and the elder brother gulps, suddenly frightened by what this means. “I won’t, I swear it,” he promises, and then is thunderstruck by what his brother says next. “What do you mean?” he asks as Malone pulls back, locking eyes with the younger boy. “She’s a trickster, Malone. What did she do?”

But his brother is continuing, and while Mer knew that Starsin was away in Sylva, the news of their father hits him like a ton of stone. “What do you mean?” he repeats, quieter this time. “Starsin... she’ll be back, she’s not going to stay in Sylva forever and we can go visit, it’s not far...” His voice trails off as he tries to process what Malone said, but it just doesn’t make any sense. Where did Father go? Reaching out, he brushes his nose against Malone’s shoulder, trying to contain the flurry of emotions rushing through him.

“Trust me, I will never leave you. I swear it.”

@[Malone]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i know the reason you're always afraid, malone/any - by meraxes - 08-04-2019, 11:24 PM