• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I would clearly feel blessed, if the sun rose up from the west
    It has been months since her last flight.

Lepis had intended only to circle Taiga briefly before landing, yet she finds herself crossing the order between the northern redwood territory and the rocky hills of Loes. The spring wind is warm beneath her outspread wings, and she drifts without exerting herself though the clear air. The world looks so small from here. Horses below are no larger than ants, and the shape and colors of the distinct lands weave into the single tapestry of Beqanna. Lepis smiles; she has no need for her magic when she is up here.

Eventually though, the weary muscles of her wings remind the dun pegasus that she must land lest she be grounded on the trip home. Seeing movement on the ground below, the Comtesse chooses her landing spot for a dual purpose, resting her wings and greeting someone entereing Loess from Hyaline.

She swoops down not far from the foothills of the mountains, her navy mane streaming in the wind and sweat streaking her tobiano hide. From flight to a gallop, she finally slows to a halt as she crests a dusty red tussock. The small mare had not expected to recognize the horse from Hyaline, and her plain expression turns to one of mild amusement as she takes in the roan stallion.

“I’d heard the Icicle Isle was cold, but didn’t think it’d freeze its residents through.” She refers to the glistening ice that covers his scales; he’d not had that the last time she had seen him. There have been a great many changes since the first – and alst – time they’d met. She’s been carrying a child that had never lived, Lepis remembers with a brief shadowing of her smiling face, the son of a man who had followed him to the grave not long afterward. peace she feels, and the shadow lifts to be replaced by a more pleasant light in her blue-grey eyes.

“What brings you to Loess today, Leilan?”

@[Castile] @[Leilan]
    so I wrote a reply like 2 or 3 days ago and I could have sworn I posted it, but as Aeris pointed out – I obviously did not. So this is my attempt to recreate it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I would clearly feel blessed, if the sun rose up from the west - by Lepis - 07-31-2019, 10:19 PM