• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes, anyone - birthing;
    litotes

When she comes, he notices. The King notices as he does all who wander amongst Pangea: quiet, observant, hardly concerned. There are rumors he may tend to, but even those he hardly feels fear over. What will come, will come. For now, Valdis is the only future he is thinking of.

The fierce woman labors, shifting from her side to hooves when the need arises. There is a certain longing that whines to be with Valdis, to curl himself around her while she struggles, but he denies that incessant voice. Does he belong there, at her side? Or does he belong here, swathed in shadow, golden eyes creasing with concern? A low grunt escapes his throat. There are no answers in the solitude he surrounds himself with.

Eventually, Valdis finds her rhythm, and then her end. It is not until the sun is peeking over the edge of the earth that their child arrives. Lie concedes to his need to comfort and see, wrapping the dying shadows around himself to teleport closer. His arrival is small, just silent enough to hopefully not disturb the mother and the child she is cleaning. “Valdis,” the cremello finally calls, hesitation no longer present. His voice is barely loud enough to reach the two.

There is nothing but the parents and their daughter’s sunrise.

“She is so beautiful,” he murmurs, dipping his muzzle just close enough to drink in her newborn scent. “Blue like her mother.” Lie’s eyes flick up to Valdis’ then, something bitter and sad mingling with his teasing. The skin of her cheek is salty and soft when he reaches to nibble at it, warmth rolling from his maw. “What is her name?”

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Valdis] <3

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Valdis - 07-26-2019, 08:39 AM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by litotes - 07-31-2019, 08:31 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Altissima - 08-05-2019, 01:02 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Valdis - 08-13-2019, 02:30 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by litotes - 08-25-2019, 08:08 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Valdis - 09-09-2019, 09:56 AM