• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

truth hurts, needed something more exciting | anyone
    Aeolus is pleased to find both of his new companions distracted as he steps back one step and camouflages himself. He isn’t completely invisible to the two other foals. Naturally, anyone could always see an outline of him if they looked hard enough. But Aeolus discovered not everyone was intent on looking for the smallest detail.

It was hard for him to keep quiet as he watched both foals figure out where he went. He found both to be rather clever in discovering him. @[Owin] steps forward to inspect him, so Aeolus remains in his camouflage form for a bit longer. “It makes hide and seek pretty fun!” He says in reply to both of them.

Owin quickly turns around to face @[Celina]. His ears perk forward and pops back to his natural sunset coloring. A look of confusion crosses over his face for a moment on what was going on, but he quickly guesses Celina thought of something that caught Owin’s attention.

The buckskin colt then turns back to him. “Yeah, I definitely could eat a whole horse right now!” Aeolus laughs quickly after. “Don’t worry, I’m only joking!” He isn’t sure if revealing he was a sea serpent would make his new friends scared of him. Maybe they didn’t exactly know what he would grow up to be. His mom surely had been frightening at times, even if she never told him directly but the look on her face was always obvious. “What is there to eat around here anyway?” He asks looking from Owin to Celina.
    Owin seems as thrilled by their companion’s camouflage as Celina had been. The excitement is nearly palpable; were she at home the young filly might have thought her mother or one of her siblings was toying with them. Aeolus tells them that it makes hide-and-seek fun. Oh yes, she imagines, it must, not unlike her siblings’ invisibility. These reminders of her siblings elicit a sense of companionship for the two boys beyond what she might feel for two strangers; perhaps the beginning of long friendships.

She nods her head when the buckskin colt asks if the place she’d been imagining was her favorite. The waves and the sand and the trees at her back was the prettiest thing she’d ever seen. Well, except maybe the lake in Hyaline, she thinks.

Owin shares her hunger, it seems, and after a moment Aeolus (back to his original eye-catching color) chimes in that he too is hungry. ‘Could eat a whole horse’ even, he adds, but before Celina can ask if he’s serious adds that he is only joking. The filly can’t imagine eating a horse, but she has seen her mother eyeing the sharp teeth that Celina is slowly growing with caution. Something to think about, she decides, but perhaps best to not talk about eating meat when they are all hungry.

What’s there to eat around here? Celina shrugs her striped shoulders; this is her first trip to the playground. Other than a few nibbles of curious looking plants on her way here, she’d not looked much for food.

“Whatcha hungry for?” She asks. “I bet there’s some fruit here or something if you don’t wanna eat grass. My momma says the taste will grow on you but I dunno.”

@[Owin]
    @[Aeolus]
    Owin gulped quite visibly as Aeolus' and Celina's thoughts ponder being sea creatures and eating meat? But even if he was a cautious kid, it would not stop him from assuming the best of others and making friends. His blue- purple eyes dart around the playground as Celina asks what they are hungry for and his brow crinkles.

Not a horse. he says matter of factly followed by a cackle of laughs, he shifts his vision as he tries to find some goodies. His infrared vision picking up on a group of rabbits picking berries from a faraway bush, Come on, I think I see a good spot. Popinjay would love this. the last a soft after thought as he started towards across the playground towards the berry bush. Berry bushes and rabbits all in one place, she would definately appreciate this.
    @[Aeolus]
    @[Celina]
    Aeolus had never imagined eating someone like himself. He might be able to turn not a sea monster, but he could never see himself harming anybody. Maybe his mom was just being too caught up in the idea that he was what they called a predator. It’s not like he ever had a problem of trying to eat someone. The idea of also eating meat sounded gross when there was a lot more tastier things to eat in the world.

Quickly, a boyish grin grows on his purple tinted lips as Celina mentions eating grass. He still cannot get over the taste of grass. Some of the tropical plants tasted good on Ischia, but plain grass just always left a sour and disgusting taste in his mouth. “I don’t think I will,” He says glancing over to Celina. Aeolus knows he could never get used to that.

Turning his attention to Owin to see what he had for any ideas of what to eat. Aeolus laughs loudly at the comment he makes. The sunset appaloosa was happy to know his friends did not run away or fear him because of his traits. It was almost refreshing compared to what his mother acted like around him.

Aeolus does not hesitate to follow behind Owin when he says he found a good spot somewhere. He was hungry for anything! “Who’s Popinjay?” He asks coming around to the right side of Owin as they move across the Playground. He keeps his attention forward, looking for the food Owin had somehow seen so far away.

His golden eyes instantly catch the rabbits and the bushes they are picking berries from. “BERRIES!” He says loudly. “I love berries!” If Aeolus could eat all the berries in the world he would in a heartbeat.

@[Owin] @[Celina]
    It is perhaps fortunate for Own that he cannot read the unconscious predatory trait that allows Celina to catch the audible gulp in his throat and the way his heart flutters just a little faster. She herself is not even aware what it is, and her conscious reaction to her new friend’s nervousness is to smile encouragingly and think of delicious foods to distract him. Perhaps he was worried they wouldn’t find any food, she thinks.

Well, they definitely won’t find any like that, she thinks to herself. To her eyes, Owin is just staring in a circle as though waiting for a snack to pop out and say hello. But he sounds so confident when he says that he’s found a good spot that Celina just glances over at Aeolus with a hopeful shrug and takes off after the buckskin colt.

”She lives in Taiga with us,” the white filly tells Aeolus, ”She’s really cool and brave.” These are vital attributes for the young, of course, and Celina is sure that her sunset colored friend will appreciate them if he were to ever meet Popinjay.

The sight of the berries distracts her, and she realizes that there is no doubt that this is exactly what Owin had seen from the distance. The winged filly is more hungry than curious though, and she darts forward toward the brush. The rabbits, startled by the arrival of three foals, make a run for it. Celina does not follow them, but for a moment she watches, wondering what she might do if she could. The wondering is brief, and she turns back to the berry bush and begins to happily much away, staining her pale mouth almost immediately with the juicy fruit.

@[Aelous]
    @[Owin]
    Owin is thrilled that his assumption that the rabbits were picking berries was right and and joyfully begins stuffing his mouth full of the tender, juicy morsels. His eyes are bright as he turns back to the others, Shes my sister... well kind of. My mom took her in to our family, she cares for her like she'd be my sister, and I love her just the same. his brows furrow briefly unsure if she feels the same towards him but then his thoughts as always turn towards admiration for the chesnut girl. She is so brave, Aeolus. You would definately like her. Once she took me on adventure. he started again after he had gulped down his mouthful of sweets. There's a giant black whole in the ground, in Taiga, where a tree once stood. The tree had fallen over a deep ravine and she climbed it. I mean, she just climbed on up with out a second thought. literally, he thought. Mama was not happy with her, not one bit, but she just did it!

He went back to snacking as he pondered his sister's actions, I don't think I'll ever be as brave as her. he said through full lips.

@[Aeolus]
    @[Celina]
    His gaze focuses onto Celina as she answers his question about the foal named Popinjay. It was another foal that lived in Taiga. Celina seemed to really think highly about Popinjay as she tells him that Popinjay is really cool and brave. The colt liked both of those attributes. He probably would like Popinjay as much as Celina did.

Celina then quickly darts off towards the berry bush. He laughs as he watches the rabbits scatter away. It was their berry bush now!

Aeolus makes his way towards the berry bush where the other two are at. Owin quickly dives and stuffs his face full of berries. He then turns to Celina and him with a full mouth of morsels. The look on Owin’s face made him look funny making the sunset colored colt laugh softly before Owin talks about Popinjay.

He takes a mouthful of berries as Owin tells him more about this Popinjay. She seemed like a nice girl, and very brave from what he was being told. Aeolus liked anyone who was up for an adventure. He chews his mouthful of berries as he turns back to Owin and listen as he tells a story about some black hole in Taiga with Popinjay.

Swallowing his berries, Aeolus smiles widely with clearly stained teeth by the berries he just ate. “Wow!” He exclaims in response to the story he was just told. “Popinjay sounds really awesome!” The colt found it even funnier knowing their mama didn’t like what Popinjay had done. It was something he would do, and his mom would act all the same. Sometimes she was a bit too protective of him, but it wasn’t like he was causing anyone any harm. “Maybe one day I can meet her.” He adds before diving into another bite of berries bit much smaller this time.

@[Celina] @[Owin]
    Owin elaborates farther on Popinjay's many charms, and Celina nods for emphasis even as she continues to nibble at the berries. IT is not long before she is full, and listening intently to the blue haired colt as he tells them about a giant black whole. She has not seen this hole, she realizes, and decides to ask Popinjay to show her. Or Owin, she remembers with a grin. Maybe they can all go see it together.

Celina proposes a game of tag, and soon the running and chasing and laughing have worn down even her seemingly inexhaustible energy. Panting and smiling, she bids her two new friends goodbye, gives thme each a quick hug with her head over their withers, and heads home toward Taiga.

@[Aeolus]
    @[Owin]