• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

truth hurts, needed something more exciting | anyone
    Owin seems as thrilled by their companion’s camouflage as Celina had been. The excitement is nearly palpable; were she at home the young filly might have thought her mother or one of her siblings was toying with them. Aeolus tells them that it makes hide-and-seek fun. Oh yes, she imagines, it must, not unlike her siblings’ invisibility. These reminders of her siblings elicit a sense of companionship for the two boys beyond what she might feel for two strangers; perhaps the beginning of long friendships.

She nods her head when the buckskin colt asks if the place she’d been imagining was her favorite. The waves and the sand and the trees at her back was the prettiest thing she’d ever seen. Well, except maybe the lake in Hyaline, she thinks.

Owin shares her hunger, it seems, and after a moment Aeolus (back to his original eye-catching color) chimes in that he too is hungry. ‘Could eat a whole horse’ even, he adds, but before Celina can ask if he’s serious adds that he is only joking. The filly can’t imagine eating a horse, but she has seen her mother eyeing the sharp teeth that Celina is slowly growing with caution. Something to think about, she decides, but perhaps best to not talk about eating meat when they are all hungry.

What’s there to eat around here? Celina shrugs her striped shoulders; this is her first trip to the playground. Other than a few nibbles of curious looking plants on her way here, she’d not looked much for food.

“Whatcha hungry for?” She asks. “I bet there’s some fruit here or something if you don’t wanna eat grass. My momma says the taste will grow on you but I dunno.”

@[Owin]
    @[Aeolus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: truth hurts, needed something more exciting | anyone - by Celina - 10-01-2019, 08:40 PM