• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean
    Despite the chill in the autumn air, Pteron thinks he might be catching fire. Aegean’s words settle into him like the smallest of sparks, and Pteron thinks his entire body might be tinder, and the other’s violet gaze a fan to the flame. His breath is caught in his throat, and the internal blaze he feels makes him as weightless as Aegean’s imagined sea. Special, Pteron thinks to himself, special.

He had wanted to take back his request, but the answer that the moonlight stallion gives makes it worth it, and Pteron wonders how likely it is that his body might simply catch fire and float away, like a bit of grass caught in the gust of a wildfire. Very likely, he thinks, if he spent much time in this company. Not even the sea that rises over their heads does much to quench it. It does grow quieter though, as his wonder builds again.

There is little that might have torn his gaze from Aegean, but the view from the sea floor is certainly one of them.

The starlight shifts to sunlight, dappled and muted by the water overhead, and silhouettes of creatures Pteron has no name for flicker overhead. He does not recognize the whale song for what it is, but it does resonate within him, a low and wordless song that brings a smile of wonder to his blue mouth. They walk down the mountain and into the sea, and Pteron looks back at Aegean to find that his white companion is a soft blue-green in the sealight, his antlers branching up not unlike the coral.

Your head is magnificent,” Pteron tells him, knowing that the phrase is silly but too enthralled to think of something wittier, something better. “I think I would live there too, if I could.”

The muted sunlight falls away as they come to a stop, trickling away into a gently pink dawn that tints them both a shade of rose. He is not looking at the view, but rather has once more let himself admire his companion and the way his violet eyes and amethyst hooves look against the dawn-colored paleness of his skin. Even his white mane is shades of blush and mauve, tinted by light and shadow in such a way that Pteron longs to reach forward and see what patterns he might make by rearranging the strands.

Instead he blinks away the immediate need and soft embers that warm him from within, and looks out at the lake.

Pteron had known that it was Hyaline’s defining feature, and yet he’d not expected this. Far larger than any water he’s ever seen, save the sea, it stretches ahead of them like a mirror. The dawn sky is reflected with barely a ripple, and the mountains that they’ve descended while underwater soar overhead. Pteron sighs happily, and looks back at Aegean when he says, “It is the most wonderful thing I’ve ever seen,” he tells him, and even Pteron isn’t quite sure if he means the lake or the boy or both of them together.

@[aegean]
    i didn't spell check this but i will later <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean - by Pteron - 08-21-2019, 07:52 AM