• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you can't hide from who you are; Starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

“Is it classified as obedience if I also agree with him?” She inquires with a tip of her head, supplementing some of Heartfire’s thoughts with her statement. “The only situation I can think of where I would have been instructed to do anything was the attack against Tephra.” Here, the muscles of her shoulder roll in something like a shrug. “If I wouldn’t have been distracted by killing the dragon attacking Ophanim, I would have wondered why we only burnt half the kingdom, and not all of it.” Her dark blue eyes sharpen like a blade, but her tone remains level.

Her cruelty was often underestimated.

When she cared for someone,  she cared with everything she had. Her loyalty was depthless, and unbreakable.

And when she didn’t?

To put it simply, she has never wondered how Tephra faired after the war. She didn’t feel remorse for the life she had ended. She didn’t regret suggesting they acquire healers during the plague, which had served as a catalyst for all of this.

Vulgaris and Castile may have always wore the crown, but Starsin had not exactly hid in the background, powerless. She has whispered her fair share of evils into their ears, and though she tended to be quieter and more discreet, she was not a sweet little lamb waiting for her shepherds to give her direction.

“Eye opening in that no one likes us? Everyone is waiting for us to fall, or plotting our demise?” She asks with a quirk of her brow. “I’ve lived my entire life being disliked. This isn’t startling news.” There is a smile, a razor-edged and sickly-sweet thing, when she asks, “How are things in Nerine? We were devastated to see Wolfbane and Lepis leave the south to take up residence in Taiga, but it must be nice to have gained such ambitious and experienced leaders for one of your lands.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you can't hide from who you are; Starsin - by Starsin - 09-02-2019, 06:58 PM