• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

Reia doesn’t see what Pteron does. She doesn’t understand the fear that drives his reluctance, or what burrows deep inside him that adds hesitance and uncertainty to his voice. It’s him, she concludes. It’s merely his personality as he finds himself in her company, and so she assumes that it extends to all women. Why, she fleetingly wonders, would he be so leery toward a girl he has known a great deal of his life? Reia’s brash personality starkly contrasts with his, and it ignites amusement in her gut as she notices him reach for her only to stop and reconsider. A sideways glance finds him, but she looks away quickly, posing as oblivious.

But she is innately drawn to him. Even as she senses his reluctance, she draws nearer.

A coy smile tugs the corner of her mouth. Her eyes flash.

”Good thing I look much less like a lizard then. Isn’t that what you said, Pteron?” She eases toward him, sultry yet playful, dangerous but teasing. It’s insulting to be even remotely compared to a mere lizard – dragons are proud – but she disregards it and lets him off this once more. Soon, she imagines, she will need to remind him what her family is capable of, what she is capable of, especially when insulted. But the thought is suppressed for now, as her ambitions climb closer toward him. He seems so fragile. How easily can he break? How easily can she force herself on him and help him realize.

(We need each other)

”Prove it,” she reaches toward him, pressing a rough kiss against the slope of his left shoulder. She has witnessed the display between her parents, and so she mirrors it without considering the implications or the effects it will have on Pteron. ”I dare you to practice courting me, otherwise, I’ll find a dead fish you have to kiss,” the twinkle in her eyes brightens as she inches another step closer, the flames along her crest crackling with the adrenaline beginning to course through her.

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Pteron; - by Reia - 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-03-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 08-12-2019, 02:05 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-15-2019, 07:38 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 08-16-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-19-2019, 10:43 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 09-13-2019, 03:46 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 10-23-2019, 04:32 PM