• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    He was never looking for this. Honestly, he wasn’t intentionally seeking anything after Scorch; almost every one of his previous true love relationships had ended with the death of his partner and so he had thought he’d been prepared for the end of any relationship but he’d been quite wrong. Losing Scorch had shattered him into pieces he’d never been quite sure were ever going to be repaired. Partially, he’d thrown himself into raising children, and partially he’d drifted along, totally apathetic.

The first reappearance of Nihlus had not been welcome, and he will deny ever having thought so to his dying day. It was probably a trick of the light that there had been a welcoming glint in his eyes, or maybe a momentary mental infirmity that led to an actual relief to see a friendly face. He doesn’t know what happened really, he’d been operating mostly in a fog, floating around Ischia and trying to keep up with his youngest twins, Adria’s children who spent more time in the water than on land. (A weird side effect of his water magic, this insane amount of children with strange water traits).

What had happened after that was that Nihlus simply didn’t go away, and slowly his continuous banter and flamboyantly persistent nature had lifted that fog, and with it came the slow (probably glacial, if you asked Nihlus) realization that he would be sad if Nihlus went away, and the even slower realization that he thought the boy was attractive. It was a daily struggle to keep a straight face, be nothing more than polite or maybe friendly. The bay magician wasn’t sure what it was about Nihlus that caught his eye, held his attention, the boy certainly wasn’t his usual type. He swallowed every smile, every sarcastic response, every warm glance from amber eyes until the day he couldn’t.

They hadn’t made love that day – they’d had sex. And Brennen felt horrible unprepared, like a colt with his first fling, but it couldn’t have been that awful because his younger companion didn’t abandon him then. And it was the turning point, because the Pegasus stopped resisting Nihlus’ charms, and they became something tighter. Friends, true friends, and then lovers, and he doesn’t know how he resisted so long, and he doesn’t want to ever again. Even his ridiculous outrageous flirting has become something Brennen looks forward to, even if he rarely reciprocates in the same way.

Even now, bursting at the seams pregnant with their children, Nihlus makes an overture, which Brennen responds to with a little smirk and a laugh in his eyes. If Nihlus wasn’t beyond the hope of doing anything until the twins were born, he might have even taken him up on the offer, though it would have been without any of the explicit commentary his mate is so fond of. Suddenly, he is nervous about his efforts. Whatever his stoic exterior, he wants to please Nihlus, and he won’t ever be one to do it with words.

“Yes, something for you, my insatiable heathen,” his voice is still almost painfully dry, but there is affection underneath instead of the flat sarcasm he often offers to those not in his circle of intimacy. He presses himself against the boy and nibbles on his mane, but between one breath and the next he also moves them from their spot to his curated one, on the other side of the island without Nihlus having to take a single step. Before them stretches his creation, illusion and reality in equal doses, a part of their Tundra recreated in Ischia. Even his favorite cave system, tucked into a mountainside, is recreated, to provide a safe and warm place for them to eventually greet their children. But right now the children are still safe and warm and unconcerned – inside Nihlus; and it’s his opinion Brennen is worried about.

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus - by Brennen - 08-02-2019, 10:36 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus - by Brennen - 08-18-2019, 11:01 PM