• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as we lie in the dark, mouth is of sapphires; heartfire

She's got the devil's eyes

For all that Heartfire does not have a diplomatic mind or heart, there is too much resting on this meeting for her not to tread carefully. Tephra had long been an ally of Nerine’s, and she has no desire to change that. For all that her words are carefully chosen, she is, of course, not the only one with the ability to abandon such alliances. Perhaps she might have couched the statement more kindly, but it is not in her nature.

They may have a great deal of history between them, but Heartfire had never told Leliana an untruth. Leliana must know by now that Heartfire is not one to soften any fact or observation with platitudes.

“Castile thought I might bend the knee to him,” she offers in response to her revelations regarding the state of Tephra and Loess’ relationship. “Naturally, I declined,” a faint twitch of her lips is the only reaction she makes as she offers the insight, “but it seems he is dissatisfied with that and wishes to use other means to gain my cooperation.”

Her eyes harden then, blue eyes glittering dangerously in the dark mask of her features. Loess had chosen the wrong way to go about it, and the faint taste of betrayal still sits heavily on her tongue. She has never been a woman to go lightly into conflict. Always a woman slow to anger and slow to react. But when she does, it is with every domino placed perfectly so. One tipped pieces is all that would be needed to send the effects rippling through Beqanna.

She smiles faintly then, but there is no humor in the action. Instead it is laced with crystal clear intent. “Regrettably for them, they played their hand much too quickly.”

If there is one thing one should not do, it is give Heartfire time to plan.

“I am not a war-monger Leliana. I think you and I are alike in that. I also think our kingdom’s could greatly benefit from a continued alliance.” She leaves the rest unspoken. The neighboring monarch must be aware Loess would not remain quiet forever. And when the hush inevitably ends, Heartfire fully intends to tip the domino.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as we lie in the dark, mouth is of sapphires; heartfire - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM