• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

to watch you lose control, morgayne
    He nods slowly when she tells him how terrified she was, and he can only imagine. Sometimes he’s frightened of being alone even at his nearly fully grown height. He doesn’t admit this to her or anyone, obviously, but the thought is there in the forefront of his mind. Malone carefully skims across her thoughts as she remembers the children who teased and toyed with her, the fairies who changed her, and running to find him. She is so much more fragile than she lets on but he has the good sense not to comment on it for the time being.

I challenged her for it,” he says with a grin that is all too pleased with itself. He doesn’t mention the trade they ended up making. She might chastise him or even bite him with her tiny little fangs if she only knew how far he had gone for his brother. “She didn’t make me carry it though. A new eye just.. happened, I guess?

He watches as she turns in a little circle, her pink patches shining bright in the light that bleeds between his feathers. What if she is tiny for forever? Malone supposes she would have to ride on his back whenever they wanted to travel. While he doesn’t mind the idea of helping a friend in any way he can, he doubts that she would be thrilled to ask for assistance so often. And imagine how cold she will get in the winter?

The golden star boy remains still with only his eyes moving as she inches up to his face. He almost can’t feel how soft her lips are against his cheek but he laughs gently at her insult. Was his head really so unusual? Starsin certainly wouldn’t ever mention if he had a flaw and his father isn’t observant enough to catch these kinds of details. But then she adds that she likes his imperfection, making him laugh again, but the sound is fuller this time.

My head is bigger than you are,” he says, smiling around the words as he lifts his head to gently rest it over her without leaning any of his weight across her back. “I would offer to let you ride on my back to somewhere safer but I’m scared you’ll go back to normal size right when you climb on.

He chuckles at the idea of Morgayne, pink freckled and legs splayed over him all clumsy. Somewhere, where his heart beats alongside Djinni’s, it flinches and yearns to come home. If Malone only knew that it aches to fall for her.
    malone
    @[Morgayne]

Messages In This Thread
    to watch you lose control, morgayne - by Malone - 08-04-2019, 08:22 PM
    RE: to watch you lose control, morgayne - by Malone - 09-03-2019, 11:20 PM